Instant Messaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Instant Messaging

Anyone know if the naming of "Trillian" was meant as another "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" reference? Pzarquon?

Comment

Originally posted by Adri
      I need to poke around in gmail some more, but is there some way to be "available" to chat with one or a few people but not everyone on your chat list? Sometimes I don't mind being tagged to chat by several people at once, sometimes I just need to talk to one person.
      Sure there is. You can put yourself on available or busy. You can even put your own message. Mine is "Busy digging my Nose...no badda me!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If a green light appears by the person's name they are available to chat. Red - Not. Orange - Standby (Can't make up their mind).

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
        Anyone know if the naming of "Trillian" was meant as another "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" reference? Pzarquon?
        Yup, yup, it is.
        myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Originally posted by kupomog
          Yup, yup, it is.
          Thanks, kupomog.
          *Sigh* - that man was one damn brilliantly funny writer.

Comment

Thanks Glen and Aunty! I wonder if "standby" is the same as "brb" or "be right back" (as opposed to not here, not available, not gonna be available for quite a while) *g*

Comment

I got account for every one, I use Trillian on my windows box and kopete on my *nix laptop.

Also what about Irc! then again it's not IM but more of a chat-room protocol
              808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
              kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
              http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

i tried posting to this thread with my instant message program but it didn't work.

Comment

I rarely ever use IM. I think I have AOL messenger and perhaps Yahoo, because AOL I think came with my Mac and Yahoo is there for people who use Yahoo mail. If it is required to use a specific app for that, more than likely there isn't one for the Mac except perhaps a few mentioned previously. I remember downloading and installing Adium, but after my main Mac HD crashed earlier this summer, I did not put it back after I reinstalled everything.

I know I have been IM'd by a couple of people from HT on myspace and gmail... I think I turned my gmail option off. I have Skype but rarely use it, especially after my friend's Mac in Hilo died. He has free long distance from his cell phone provider so I just let him call.

So if I had to make a choice it would be "rarely" or "none of the above".
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Adium for me on Mac

but if i want to do video chat's i use either iChat or Skype
                    website - http://www.brianhancock.com
                    blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

Working...
                    X