Post your Geek Squad horror stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your Geek Squad horror stories

I just came back from a home service appointment, and I think this is the saddest one yet.

The couple bought an HP computer from Best Buy last xmas, and let their Geek Squad install some stuff. Apparently, they got scammed. The couple has an HP media center computer with an AMD Athlon X2 3800+ processor (the same one I have) but the computer was slow, even for the mondane stuff. So I ran CPU-Z, and the processor was UNDERCLOCKED TO 988mhz!! Next, they said that their trial copy of Office XP didn't work when they got their computer, and I suspected that this computer was refurbished. Then, they showed me the receipt, and it said that an agent installed antivirus and antispyware programs, but I only saw the antispyware program - no antivirus nor firewall (and they were on cable). I offered to revert the processor back to its original clockspeed and install free antivirus and firewall, but they were pissed that they were lied to, so they'll get another computer from somewhere else.

Got any other Geek Squad Horror stories? (now I'm rethinking about my costume, as it might affect the repuation of our store.)
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?
Working...
X