No sound coming from my Mac...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sound coming from my Mac...

All of a sudden I have no sound output from my Powerbook G4! I haven't changed anything. Checked the sound in System Preferences and everything's the same there...nothing's muted; level is where it's always been! Ran Disk Utility and "volume passed verification"...whatever that means!

Do any of you Maccies have others suggestions on what to check before I take it into Apple? TIA...

Re: No sound coming from my Mac...

This is going to sound dumb, but have you done a restart?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I work a block away from you office. If that's the computer you're having trouble with, I'd be happy to drop by tomorrow and take a look.

But first ... what Scriv said.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        This is going to sound dumb, but have you done a restart?

Need I say more?
        Except...thanx!

Originally posted by MadAzza View Post
        I work a block away from you office. If that's the computer you're having trouble with, I'd be happy to drop by tomorrow and take a look.

But first ... what Scriv said.
        Ah jeez, Maddie...if I wasn't so red-faced over Scriv's suggestion I'd say thanks so much for the offer but I won't be in the office tomorrow!

<sigh...why didn't I think of that?!>

Comment

Hee! Glad it all worked out, Toots!

One of these days I do want to visit your office. Maybe afterward we can walk back to RR and have lunch or a pau hana drink.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza View Post
            [...]One of these days I do want to visit your office. Maybe afterward we can walk back to RR and have lunch or a pau hana drink.
            That's a deal...once I get my office pulled back together! I'm in the midst of a belated spring cleaning! And Don, Keola and Kapono are getting a little tired of being impaled on my wall. Oops...that's another thread!

Comment

Working...
            X