Sprint/Nextel raising messaging charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprint/Nextel raising messaging charge

Sprint/Nextel announced that it will be charging subscribers 15 cents/text message if the subscriber doesn't have a text message plan. Right now, Cingular, Verizon and T-Mobile subscribers are only charged 10 cents/text message. But with Sprint raising its per text message charge, it wouldn't surprise me if the others raised their rates too, to get more people to sign up for text messaging plans.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Sprint/Nextel raising messaging charge

its pretty silly. dont they charge like a few cents in asia for txt messaging?
    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
      Sprint/Nextel announced that it will be charging subscribers 15 cents/text message if the subscriber doesn't have a text message plan. Right now, Cingular, Verizon and T-Mobile subscribers are only charged 10 cents/text message. But with Sprint raising its per text message charge, it wouldn't surprise me if the others raised their rates too, to get more people to sign up for text messaging plans.

Miulang
      Oh well. Doesn't affect me considering I already pay the $5 every month for unlimited messaging.

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
      its pretty silly. dont they charge like a few cents in asia for txt messaging?
      Asia has better cell phone plans, period. I have relatives in the Philippines whose monthly rates are about a 1/3 of what I pay a month!
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
        Asia has better cell phone plans, period. I have relatives in the Philippines whose monthly rates are about a 1/3 of what I pay a month!
        Co-sign! Bugs me how American companies are making a killing off of relatively inexpensive technology. And Asia's (particularly the Phils) probably got the most-skilled texters on the planet.
        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Working...
        X