IE7 is released today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE7 is released today

The bad news: its only available at Yahoo.com.

click here and download it. At the moment there is no link on Microsoft.com, but Yahoo has the final build bundled with Yahoo Mail. All you need to do is download the Yahoo edition and use WinRAR to extract the files and run IE7-Setup.exe

Source
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: IE7 is released today

...Strange. I've been running IE7 Beta 2 and want to install IE7 RC1, but since I'm running Windows Vista Beta 2, it won't allow me to install IE7 RC1 for some reason. So I'll be trying this final build, thanks for the link!

-Arturo

Comment

The source link has the updated links for your various OSes from Microsoft.

Ever since I installed it earlier today, IE has changed for the better, but it still slower than FF/Opera, and it doesn't have any ad blocker. That, and the fact that it crashed when I try to view dozens of similies on my smilie page is the reason why I'm sticking to Opera/FF for a while.

Comment

Bear mind if you upgrade to IE7 and have problems you can't easily revert
        back to IE6. I learned the hard way, thus I had to re-install WinXp.
        Check out my blog on Kona issues :
        The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
          Bear mind if you upgrade to IE7 and have problems you can't easily revert back to IE6. I learned the hard way, thus I had to re-install WinXp.
          Now you tell me. Well, I just use IE to update my computer anyway, so it won't be that big of a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
            Now you tell me. Well, I just use IE to update my computer anyway, so it won't be that big of a loss.
            That was when it was in beta, so I assume that still applies. The crazy thing
            is Windows uses IE components, so if you upgrade IE, other software may fail to function or have problems.
            Check out my blog on Kona issues :
            The Kona Blog

Comment

Here is a list of the bugs uncovered thus far in IE7. Appears that most problems revolve around incompatibility issues and being able to download the software online due to heavy demands.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

They can’t resolve it soon enough, IMHO. I use IE for virtually all of my internet needs, and the security sucks. People keep telling me to download Firefox and use that, but can anyone tell me the pros and cons of it? I know it’s supposedly as good or better as IE, but old habits die hard. I already know that I hate Netscape, with a passion.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

I was a heavy IE user... now I'm strictly firefox...for all my computers.

TuNnL here is a link for some pros & cons.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/firefox.htm

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                    I use IE for virtually all of my internet needs, and the security sucks. People keep telling me to download Firefox and use that, but can anyone tell me the pros and cons of it?
                    I'm not techie enough to do a comparison for you, TuNnL, but I use both programs at work.

Our primary internal library-search-and-organize tool runs only on IE (Firefox didn't exist at the time of its initial design), but we use Firefox for virtually everything else for one simple reason: most virus-infected websites (which includes a lot of song lyric sites, something we hit constantly) only strike IE, not Firefox, because of the overwhelming dislike of the mighty, mighty Microsoft.

(Of course, that's only an issue for the large number of folks lolo enough to browse without a decent firewall and security program.)

Comment

Can anyone suggest if I should upgrade the computers here to IE7?

Comment

DO IT!
                        (then tell us what happens)
                        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

I tried to download it and I got this message:

Sorry, your system does not meet the minimum requirements to install Internet Explorer 7.

Internet Explorer 7 can only run on these operating systems:

Windows XP Service Pack 2
                          Windows XP Professional x64
                          Windows Server 2003 SP1

I guess they don't support Windows 3.11 or 95

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                            DO IT!
                            (then tell us what happens)
                            hehe. yeah right. I installed IE7 on my laptop, and now I can't downgrade (I wanted to do that for some reason, but I forget).

EDIT: Now I know why I won't install it on the computers: its not a standard layout browser. The browsers on the internet computers has a noob feel - with the text under the buttons.
                            Last edited by adrian; November 1, 2006, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by speedtek View Post
                              Internet Explorer 7 can only run on these operating systems:

Windows XP Service Pack 2
                              Windows XP Professional x64
                              Windows Server 2003 SP1[/COLOR]

I guess they don't support Windows 3.11 or 95
                              Are you joking speedtek?! As mentioned in a previous thread, Microsoft stopped supporting Windows 98 last year. Windows 3.11 or 95??!! I doubt Microsoft has any involvement whatsover with those operating systems. But you were kidding, right?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                              USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                              X