$743.97 for a Totally Tricked-Out PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $743.97 for a Totally Tricked-Out PS3

This is why the Wii is going to kick everyone's butt for the next two years. With a $599.00 game system price, the PlayStation3 is a monster. With all the whistles and bells, it'll be over seven hundred bucks!

The breakdown.
    The photos.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: $743.97 for a Totally Tricked-Out PS3

I can't wait to play Metal Gear Solid 4 on the PS3. I do hope that Dragon Quest IX is released on PS3, as well.

Comment

Sadly I predict I will be one of "those" idiots that pick up a PS3. I already have a Xbox 360 which I have only played 2-3 times.

No time with kids but old habits die hard. If nothing else, I'd like to see the quality of a Bluray DVD.

I have a friend who works at Sony of America in the video game area, pretty senior guy. Said no chance of getting a PS3 for me... Bummer.

Comment

I'm wondering if all those accessories are neccessary. HDMI cable and remote arent neccesary but useful if you have a HDTV. I guess $600 is alot compared to a brand new NES back in the day, but the PS3 is supposed to do alot right? Like the 360 its basically a computer, but with the special cell CPU. I'll probably get one, but not on the first wave unless one of my connections kicks in.
        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

I am seriously interested in what this is going to do to sales. Im sure it will sell ok with "adult" gamers, but what is this going to do to the largest market which is kids...or at least the people who have parents buy them the product. I know most parents think $300 for a game system is nuts...I imagine there will be alot of disapointed kids the holiday season. I just dont see many parents dropping that kind of cash on a game system, especially when you can get a 360 or Wii for half the price. I really hope Sony knows what they are doing.

Did you guys here about the process for the new Gran Turismo? Its crazy.

Comment

Working...
          X