ipod music link - element

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ipod music link - element

i know that i can dish out $172 for an ipod music link to play tunes thru my element's speakers but so you know if there's a generic link/adaptor that's cheaper?

http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/produ...006-element-ex

tanks.
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: ipod music link - element

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...tn.x=0&btn.y=0

Check out some of these, simple easy and I don't know why it wouldn't work with a Honda Element.

Comment

thanks. i'll check it out
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Too bad all late model cars don't have sound systems with rca jacks. Before my current car I used the PodFreq transmitter and loved it. It allowed me to play my iPod thru the car, office and home sound systems when all 3 didn't allow most, if any, FM station reception because of interference or location. Google reviews for any product you're considering as they've had varying degrees of success. If you like the reviews for the PodFreq, froogle it for pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Too bad all late model cars don't have sound systems with rca jacks. Before my current car I used the PodFreq transmitter and loved it. It allowed me to play my iPod thru the car, office and home sound systems when all 3 didn't allow most, if any, FM station reception because of interference or location. Google reviews for any product you're considering as they've had varying degrees of success. If you like the reviews for the PodFreq, froogle it for pricing.
          thanks for the great tip! wireless would be awesome

Comment

If my memory serves me right, there is a aux jack on the dash board just right of the radio cluster. All you'd need is a 1/8" male to male cord, plug into the jack and your headphone jack and select AUX on your stereo. That should do it.

The "ipod link" integrates with your radios display and attaches to your ipod through a cable that gets located in your glove box.

UPDATE: looking at the '07 Honda Element page it appears the jack only comes on the EX level trim.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Jeff View Post
              If my memory serves me right, there is a aux jack on the dash board just right of the radio cluster. All you'd need is a 1/8" male to male cord, plug into the jack and your headphone jack and select AUX on your stereo. That should do it.

The "ipod link" integrates with your radios display and attaches to your ipod through a cable that gets located in your glove box.

UPDATE: looking at the '07 Honda Element page it appears the jack only comes on the EX level trim.
              yo! jeff! thanks for your post. guess what? you're absolutely right! last night, i ordered a pricey set up for about $70 from amazon. fortunately, i also posted the same question on a message board for element owners and guess what? two people posted essentially the same reply as you! (i could cancel my order since i selected free shipping and that delays the ship time.)

talk about a great and obvious solution. and talk about being dumb! it was right there and i didn't see it. i have two 1/8" cables (used occasionally to digitize stuff on my pc) and so i just took it and did what you (and they) recommended. bang! it worked like a charm! since i had the cable, it was $0.00 but if someone needed to buy it, it'd only run them a few bucks. for example: http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

the other great thing about this solution is that there's no need to worry about interference from other radio waves.

talk about being one happy driver! thanks jeff!

Comment

Right on...glad you could still cancel your order.

I've been looking at cars for the last few months, and with my ipod becoming my main source of programming, integration has been something I've been looking at. I'm leaning toward a Honda Pilot, but liked the Element until I did the stretch to put my 14 month old son into a car seat in the back row (too far).

My wife has a similar arrangement in her Rav 4, and it works great with her Nano.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Jeff View Post
                  I'm leaning toward a Honda Pilot, but liked the Element until I did the stretch to put my 14 month old son into a car seat in the back row (too far).
                  i do the same thing with my daughter (2.5 yrs old) but i have to put one leg inside and one leg outside to do it in one motion. or if you're not in a rush, just push the passenger seat forward and then do it in two steps: first get in the back and then put him into the car seat.

my old integra was great but i like the fact that new cars have the tether anchors; safer.

Comment

Working...
                  X