Dumb electronics question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb electronics question!

I have an inexpensive (<$200.)Samsung TV that's one month past the warranty! One of the speakers is starting to malfunction, cutting in and out. Until I replace the TV I'm wondering if the sound will be affected when copying from a VHS to a DVD using a recorder hooked up to that TV.

Ok...stop laughing! I really don't know the answer!

Re: Dumb electronics question!

If it's just a speaker problem with the TV... I don't think the recording should be a problem.

Trial and error is one of the best learning tools that god has given us!

So give it a shot...and see if it works (with just 1 dvd... and then try it somewhere else where you can see if the audio is coming out on both tracks) I don't know why there should be a problem.

(and doesn't it figure the tv breaks one month after the warranty expires... murphys law at its best)

Comment

If the problem is the TV then no. I have a TV tha won't even play sound but I use it for recording. When I use a VCR anyways. Maybe I should not have dropped it out the window!
      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
      Sharing withother survivors...
      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
        Maybe I should not have dropped it out the window!
        I don't think I read about that one on your myspace page!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
          [...]So give it a shot...and see if it works (with just 1 dvd... and then try it somewhere else where you can see if the audio is coming out on both tracks) I don't know why there should be a problem.

(and doesn't it figure the tv breaks one month after the warranty expires... murphys law at its best)
          Thanks, Manoa. Yes, I know the trial and error method all too well. I've turned so many DVDs into coasters that I thought I'd ask first!

In addition to my TV, a dvd/vhs player also went belly up one month after the warranty was up. Two iHome radios are also on the fritz but those are less than a year so they're going back to Costco.

Time...I need more time!

Comment

The sad thing tutu...

Is even those that are in the industry are fighting all sorts of battles with this whole digital stuff.... many things still not compatible...etc...

It's an ugly techno world out there...that I'm sure my son will have to worry about some day....

If I can only retire in the next 13 years I will be stoked!

Comment

Working...
            X