Spyware Doctor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyware Doctor

I just bought "Spyware Doctor" tonight. Does anyone use this? At first I was skeptical about downloading the two most reliable "free" spyware blockers/removers (Ad-Aware and Spybot-search and destroy).

However, I do seem pleased that this program is backed by a 30 day guarantee-money back deal. But, the other two are free and I read and heard they are just as good. These things become such a moral debate, it's really grinding my gears!

Re: Spyware Doctor

Personally I like:

Spybot - Search and Destroy
    Microsoft's Windows Defender

Both of those are completely free, even for commercial use.

For personal or non-profit use, I like to add Spyware Blaster. It controls the Active-X which is commonly abused.

Ad-Aware is OK, but it's only good for scan/remove. The above products will block it from getting in in the first place.

Comment

I use Spybot, AdAware,Spyware Blaster, but Crap Cleaner is my favorite.
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

I found one review of it but I rather not pay for spyware protection, when there's a plethora of free (and good) spyware scanners.

But the best defense is a limited account and common sense. Sure, a limited account won't let you install your favorite programs or run the properly, but that's why you can create another account to do that.
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

The microsoft tool is the best of the bunch in my experience, it's worked well for me. I hope they get on the ball about integrating it into the enterprise products so that i can use it in the offices that I manage. It'll definately be my favorite once they do that.

Then again, I use a mac for all my personal stuff, so I find OSX to be the best anti-spyware software on the market currently.

Comment

DOH!

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
              but Crap Cleaner is my favorite.
              I use that too, but I wouldn't consider that spyware protection.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                I use that too, but I wouldn't consider that spyware protection.
                Yes and no, it isn't really spyware protection protection program per say. But it does clean up your browser tracks, cookies and such etc. So in a way it is spyware protection.
                Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
                X