Fake Greeting Card Pickup E-mail Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake Greeting Card Pickup E-mail Warning

I got what it turned out to be a fake greeting card pickup e-mail today. It nearly got me hooked, until I saw the actual URL in the e-mail. The ending had a file association of .gif.exe. So I didn't click on it.Anyway beware of fake e-mails like this for the next few weeks.
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Re: Fake Greeting Card Pickup E-mail Warning

.exe's can't effect or work on Macs.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
      .exe's can't effect or work on Macs.
      It's a good thing for that, otherwise we'd have all those dreaded viruses the PC guys get.
      http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
      Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
      Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
        It's a good thing for that, otherwise we'd have all those dreaded viruses the PC guys get.
        I've been using a Mac much, much longer than my first recollection of a computer virus. Had I been using a PC the virus situation would've been enough to cause me to make the switch. A friend of mine bought her first computer 3 years ago. She's also in the film industry, which is Mac driven, and many of us advised her to get a Mac because we knew the virus situation would stress her out. She was calling me constantly to help her. Each time I told her, "I can't help you. I'm not familiar with PCs and virus'!". She had a hard time understanding that there is, in fact, a difference between to 2 platforms. She didn't believe us to begin with. She does now!

Comment

Fedora it doesn't work either ... ! Only the MicroSloth Operating System gets affected!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
            Only the MicroSloth Operating System gets affected!
            For now. The virus writers go after the majority. If MS is really successful in locking down Vista, expect the virus writers to turn to easer hacks. Contrary to popular belief, Macs and xNIX systems do get viruses, they're just not as common.

Comment

It's funny.. till I got on this board I knew very little people that use macs. I thought of making the switch but at the time I was interested, there were just too many programs that I needed to run both at work and at work that I was just afraid to go to the dark side. But I tend to agree. People who write viruses are just praying on MS cause it's easy and MS is so big. If/when? Mac takes over the market on pc use i'm sure there'd be more viruses written to attack them.

Back on topic though. Glad you mentioned looking at the URL to see if it brought you somewhere. People don't often read what they click. Too often here at work people wind up with software installed on their computers that they "swear" they didn't install.
              -kp!

Comment

Working...
              X