Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm all a Twitter!

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
    If any twitterers here would like to switch your location and time zone to Tehran and Tehran standard time (GMT +3:30), I'm sure the stalwart students fighting tyranny on the other side of the world would very much appreciate it (to confound attempts to isolate, identify, and persecute the protesters online).
    Award Winner for best use of social technology for social change.

Comment

Sigh - I have surrendered and set up a Twitter account ... at this point, likely to be used VERY rarely (and I'd better start looking at Twitter-torials), from my home computer, rather than cell-phone. For now.

Please picture me being dragged into the 21st Century, kicking & screaming.

I hadda do it; a good friend is on a roadtrip (coming back from Chicago, where she was at a Travel-Blogger conference), and is near enough to the World's Largest Holstein statue in North Dakota that I had to reach her, so she wouldn't miss it. Twitter is the preferred communication method for the trip; replying to her personal or road-trip collective blog might be too late.

Really.

Certainly not on a level with supporting protests in Iran - but it's too hot to do much else in Seattle today (temp just might reach 100 today).

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        Sigh - I have surrendered and set up a Twitter account ...
        Which can be found where?

Don't feel bad about surrendering to Twitter, by the way. I mean, even Albert the Panther has stumbled into the fray. Thanks, zztype, for the heads up!

Comment

Sigh - I have surrendered and set up a Twitter account

Really.
          heheheh....

Twitterville is FuN!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
            Which can be found where?
            retroporter

All y'all forgive me if it takes me a little time to figure out how to be a bit less newbie. (I've actually followed a handful of you HT-twitterers before this.)

Comment

Leo, you're not the only newbie. It takes me a little bit longer these days to figure out all this new-fangled technology. By the time I figure out Twitter, Facebook will go the way of My Space, and there will be a new Latest and Greatest to decipher. It's both scary and exciting at the same time.

Enjoy your new account, and best wishes.
              SB

Comment

retroporter

All y'all forgive me if it takes me a little time to figure out how to be a bit less newbie. (I've actually followed a handful of you HT-twitterers before this.)
                i went to sign up to "follow" you but it said you didn't exist
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                  Ooh! I love a mystery! Of course, I haven't checked in for over 24 hours (I can't do so at work, and I'm not ready to hook it up to my cell yet), so who knows what has happened...

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                    Ooh! I love a mystery! Of course, I haven't checked in for over 24 hours (I can't do so at work, and I'm not ready to hook it up to my cell yet), so who knows what has happened...
                    You're still on my follow twitter list as retroporter.

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

• Re: I'm all a Twitter!

It may take a while for following someone. It took a couple of days for a few people to follow Albert on twitter. And even that was strange, like after a few tries we get to see Albert's twitter messages but we don't see his icon listed in the "followers" section but after a day or two his icon shows up.

Comment

Check out this Hooked On Tweeting article in the TGIF section of today's Advertiser, and look for the sidebar on the right-hand side.
                        Well done, Ryan!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                          Check out this Hooked On Tweeting article in the TGIF section of today's Advertiser, and look for the sidebar on the right-hand side.
                          Well done, Ryan!!!
                          And very timely, as far as I'm concerned! How did you know, Ryan, hmmmm????

Comment

And very timely, as far as I'm concerned! How did you know, Ryan, hmmmm????
                            Very interesting article. I filed it in case I get ramrodded into joining Twitter for work! I always wondered what RT meant. Now I know! Thanx, Ryan!

Comment

So, I get into Twitter and now what? I can log in, I can read, but I can't tweet. Since the hacking-outage of a couple days ago, I've been unable to send any tweets. I've tried both replies to people and general postings - and all that happens after trying to send the tweet is that the little swirly "waiting" circle just swirls and swirls and swirls, and never posts.

Comment

Back on board after three days unable to send. Wonder if they are still "fixing" things? I know scrivener had some troubles lately, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X