I'm all a Twitter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I'm all a Twitter!

Less than a week after Twitter was crippled by a DDoS attack (along with other popular sites and services, it should be noted), Twitter is down again this morning. It's like 2007 all over again. And 2008, for that matter.

As usual, I moved to tracking conversations on FriendFeed. But now that Facebook has bought FriendFeed, heaven knows what lies ahead for that service.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      So, I get into Twitter and now what? I can log in, I can read, but I can't tweet. Since the hacking-outage of a couple days ago, I've been unable to send any tweets. I've tried both replies to people and general postings - and all that happens after trying to send the tweet is that the little swirly "waiting" circle just swirls and swirls and swirls, and never posts.
      Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      Back on board after three days unable to send. Wonder if they are still "fixing" things? I know scrivener had some troubles lately, too.
      Once again - I can't send any tweets.

I'm beginning to remember why I generally don't bother with these kinds of things...

Comment

blimey! tis the fail whale!
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

why is it that I never seem to have problems with these sites? Am I somehow deficient? It's very disturbing & upsetting. (hehehehe)
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
            blimey! tis the fail whale!
            Nobody goes there anymore - it's too crowded! (Yogi Berra)

Comment

Four years ago today I joined Twitter and started this thread. It was amusing to review a very condensed snapshot of the intervening time. The "fail whale" is far less common (whereas Facebook has now seen some downtime!), FriendFeed is pretty much dead, and people are still arguing about whether there's a point to Twitter, or if there needs to be one at all.

Well... I'm glad to see Albert the Panther is still posting!

Comment

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/jennifer-l...us-weekly.html

What's up with Twitter that it made Jennifer Love Hewitts upset?

Comment

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techno...id=ansRecode11

Every move you make, every breath you take, Twitter will be watching you.

Comment

Man, this thread is a blast from the past...

Twitter used to be the other main social network, behind Facebook. Then Google+ surpassed it, but because the mainstream media has declared Google+ a ghost town, most people didn't care.

Now Instagram has more users than Twitter, putting Twitter in second (or third) place.

And, of course, Facebook owns Instagram, even though it's operated mostly independently. Which makes Facebook an even bigger player in the social space.

Twitter is still my favorite social platform. But it's definitely losing ground.

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...184408267.html

Sox blanks Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                        Twitter is still my favorite social platform. But it's definitely losing ground.
                        I like Twitter. It's a good platform. 140 characters max but now with photos and video? What's not to like.

I am not a fan of Instagram especially after they pulled a fast one declaring that everything you posted there was owned by them. Not! I dumped them the same day I found out about that. A few days later they rescinded their decision but to me, the damage was done. Never going back to Instagram.

Twitter forever!
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

• Elon Musk 'not sure' his takeover bid for Twitter will be successful (yahoo.com)

Elon Musk as the owner of Twitter. Good or Bad?

Comment

• Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44B and will privatize company | Honolulu Star-Advertiser (staradvertiser.com)

No make diff.

Comment

• Whoopi Goldberg Says She\'s Leaving Twitter (yahoo.com)

Whoopi Goldberg gave a knee to the groin like in her movies to Twitter.

Comment

• Elon Musk’s Twitter reinstates Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (staradvertiser.com)

It's like butter, the nuttier, the better.

Comment

Working...
                                X