google checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• google checkout

it's probably safe and convenient but i wonder if anyone out there has used this service?

it's been a while since i've used paypal with some ebay purchases but i wasn't very keen with paypal, especially after they messed up with my bank and i had to eat the bill...

thanks.
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: google checkout

http://checkout.google.com/buyer/tour.html
    well does it interface with ebay? i've heard that paypal sucks in a dispute but i've had nothing but good experiences. even during a dispute.

that being said, it matters little. google seems to crush all competiion. not having to have a viable profit model in doing business is a major advantage. their advertising revenue growth seems to subsidize a lot of projects.

Comment

I'm a Google fanboy for the most part (as my posts here would attest), but I've never used Google Checkout, nor felt any particular need to. They're definitely positioning it as a merchant tool, not for person-to-person transfers like PayPal, so I sincerely doubt they're going to drive other web-based payment processing services out of business.

Actually, I use so many Google services, I might shy away from Google Checkout because suddenly there's a link to my financial information among a wide array of tools I use every day.
      google seems to crush all competiion. not having to have a viable profit model in doing business is a major advantage.
      Sure, Google can afford to throw money away, but even so, it doesn't guarantee inevitable dominance. I love Gmail, but Yahoo! and Hotmail have been keeping up and keeping ahead. I love Google Maps, but Microsoft Live is doing some great things. Competition is good, and I don't want an all-Google world any more than I want an all-Microsoft one.

Comment

I've used it once, so far, earlier this month so not much chance yet to really test the waters. The merchant (Sierra Trading Post) was offering a $10. discount when using Google. The same merchant is now offering $20. off an order of $50. or more with the same condition. Hmmm...think I'll need to peruse the site on this Black Friday as that's as close to a store that I care to get today.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
          Sure, Google can afford to throw money away, but even so, it doesn't guarantee inevitable dominance. I love Gmail, but Yahoo! and Hotmail have been keeping up and keeping ahead. I love Google Maps, but Microsoft Live is doing some great things. Competition is good, and I don't want an all-Google world any more than I want an all-Microsoft one.
          I guess you're right but I can't wait for the day when GDrive is available.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=1113

I'm a huge adopter of google technology.

gmail, google web hosting, google domain name email, google online albums, google spreadsheets... maybe the google checkout soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
            I guess you're right but I can't wait for the day when GDrive is available.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=1113

I'm a huge adopter of google technology.

gmail, google web hosting, google domain name email, google online albums, google spreadsheets... maybe the google checkout soon.
            wow. thanks for the great link!
            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Working...
            X