Laptop kiosk at Pearlridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop kiosk at Pearlridge

While I was at Pearlridge today, I saw a kiosk near the PriceBusters area of Pearlridge and my curiosity overcame me. I asked a few questions to know the place, and I found out that they offer laptops to people on a finance basis (I found out that its about $74 every two weeks or something like that) and they were Compaq Computers (AMD Turion 64bit [I think they're dual core] processors, regular sized hard drive, dedicated video memory, lots of RAM).

I believe its called "Millennium computers" or something like that, but Google only turned up a company in the UK.

As a computer salesperson, it boggles me as to why a "no name" company decides to have a kiosk at a mall that had atleast two other electronic stores within walking distance? From what I overheard, they run a credit check on you, then if you qualify, you can take home the laptop the next day.

Does anyone else have more information on this company?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Laptop kiosk at Pearlridge

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
    As a computer salesperson, it boggles me as to why a "no name" company decides to have a kiosk at a mall that had atleast two other electronic stores within walking distance?
    Because they think they can offer something the others can't. In this case, it sounds like it's financing. Consider the whole point of a mall. Many stores overlap each other. But by placing a number of store together, they get customers into the area. So just having a store in a mall means you'll get more shoppers then you would otherwise. So sometimes it's to your advantage to have competitors nearby. You can scoop their customers. For a little guy, he's probably got more to gain then to loose. I mean you wouldn't by a laptop from a cart in the International Market Place, would you? If he wasn't at the mall, you never would have known about him.

I already mentioned Personal Touch. They get the customers that can't find what they want at CompUSA. I'm sure the fact they are located right across the parking lot has helped them greatly.

Comment

Working...
    X