Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are all of the local computer stores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are all of the local computer stores?

I'm compiling a list of the local computer stores (no big box retailers with a computer repair department).

So far, I got Personal Touch Computers and Alliance Computers.

Is there any other places?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Where are all of the local computer stores?

If your list includes Macs, then...
    MacMouse
    Mac Made Easy
    The Apple Store (not sure if you consider that a 'big box')

Comment

Pure Digital

Depending on how you define "computer store" there is IC Supply. You can get some computer parts from them.

Comment

Royal Data might still be around. They've moved out of the Chinese Cultural Plaza. I'm not sure as they are a "store" any more. I think it's them I drive by now and then. Looks more like a computer salvage yard.

Comment

speaking of local computer stores, anyone can recommend a good place to get a decent value workstation with good components?

I frequently leave my workstations on 24x7 and I've noticed without good components, they tend to have a shorter lifespan.

HPower Computing (downstairs of Kukui Plaza in downtown) has made some solid workstations but are kind of pricey. Anyone have any online Dell coupons? I hear there maybe deals because of the delay in Vista not being released by Xmas.

Comment

I've worked with some Dells. They seem to hold up fine.

One tip though: Try to buy a business level machine, not a home one. Big difference in the level of support afterward. Not really sure how you tell the difference.

Can probably say the same for HP/Compaq. I work with the business class stuff. I've not been impressed with the 'sorry-o line.

Comment

Working...
            X