Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IM on a website

http://gabbly.com/

Add this ^ in front of any URL and open up a window to chat with anyone on that website.

http://gabbly.com/www.hawaiithreads.com

I'll be waiting until I go sleep.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: IM on a website

Adrian, I went on but nobody dea. Cute idea. I'll try again laterz.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

This is a really good idea. I’ll make it a point to chikity-check this thing on my way in. Been awhile since I real-timed it. Could be kewl. Aight.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

I'm on it right now. Hopefully more people will join soon.
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

That is cool..... I did it but nobody is on it now....
          Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
          Mark Twain

Comment

Send me a PM if I’m ever on hawaiithreads and forget to use gabbly.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
            11 March 1993

Comment

i tried. nobody there. it also asked me to register, but i figured if i was already on ht that was enough registration to satisfy me for now.

Comment

I'm on it right now, if anyone wants to try this...

USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                  I'm on it right now, if anyone wants to try this...
                  i tried. i give up already. it looks to me like i'm posting there, but nobody else seems around. oh well.

Comment

interesting. perhaps you really do have to register for everyone to see your messages. but you would think that other registered users (such as myself) would still show up. well doc has a lot of explaining to do ...

USA TODAY, page 2A
                    11 March 1993

Comment

A service similar to Gabbly is Mobber. Same deal with the URL, just toss your favorite site's domain name to the end of Mobber.com, voila, instant "shadow site." In addition to a chat area, Mobber offers message board and other features... which then creates a bit of a paradox, since you can end up with a a "shadow" message board for a message board.

If you run your own sites, there are plenty of options to add chat. Geesee, MeeboMe, Userplane...

Along with sites like MyBlogLog, it looks like "shadow" sites attached to real sites are increasingly common. Sounds like it could also be a headache for the people who run those sites, though. Who knows what users might be doing or saying in live chat while you're sleeping? And visitors may come to expect you to keep track of all these "shadow" sites as well as the real one. "Didn't you get my message about that comment spam? I sent it to you on GeekSpaceSuperPlus3.com!"

But it's fun to see all this new web gadgetry and tool (and toy!) development going on.
                      Last edited by pzarquon; December 8, 2006, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Okay, so this thing is working perfectly for me now. It just took a day. I recommend you register. It’s pretty quick and painless. No personal info required. And there are a lot of gabbly users.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                        11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                        X