Inexpensive USB Cable source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inexpensive USB Cable source?

I got Mom a Lexmark 3470X scanner/copier/printer for Christmas, and of course it doesn't come with a USB cable, which it requires. I see that the going price at Office Depot and Circuit City is around $22 for 6-foot cable. Has anyone found good quality cable for less than that anywhere?
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Re: Inexpensive USB Cable source?

I think Wal-Mart has it cheaper, I don't remember by how much tho (or maybe it was a longer cable).

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
      I think Wal-Mart has it cheaper, I don't remember by how much tho (or maybe it was a longer cable).
      Huh. That's not a place I'd have thought of. Thanks.

I'd not object so much to the $22 price except that I got a $55 price for the scanner, and paying slightly less than half that for the damned cable just frosts me.

Comment

I seem to recall that Home Depot had decent prices on cables, but I'm not 100% sure about my recollection. Ebay has great deals if you can afford to wait a bit.

Comment

Maybe give Personal Touch Computers on Keawe St. a call; 524-7253

Comment

When I want the bare bones basics of computer supplies, I often check IC Supply on Ualena St. near the airport. Call 839-1966.

Or, I can check my "junk bins." Big, honkin' Rubbermaid tubs just full of cables, remotes, microphones, adapters, antennae, plugs... there's gotta be a USB printer cable in there somewhere!

Comment

I got one laying around my office. Paypal me $ for postage and an envelope.
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                I got one laying around my office. Paypal me $ for postage and an envelope.
                How much could postage and an envelope possibly cost? Ah, go ahead, gift it!!! "Pay it forward", as the expression goes! Then it's up to Linkmeister to do the same.

Comment

Found one, Link. About three feet long. If it'll do, I'll be happy to deliver it personally!

Comment

Pzarq, thanks for the dropoff. Next time ring the doorbell! It looks like it'll fit just fine.

Comment

Cheapest place I've found is the 100 Yen stores in Japan. But the trip is a little expensive.

Comment

Working...
                      X