Advice on a web problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on a web problem

Just looking to see if anyone has any advice for me.

Yesterday, I went to hawaiilocalstyle.com and purchased their product which was to be downloaded following payment.

Apparently, the download was hosted by a third party site called softseller.com.

After DL'ing the zip file, I find out that the file is corrupt/invalid and I proceded to contact softseller as instructed if i had problems with the DL.

Softseller came back with this e-mail:

I'm very sorry; the download link is not to the correct file. I have
    reported the problem to the merchant, so when that problem is corrected,
    the merchant will send you an email with a correct download link. I
    apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    SoftSeller Support
    After hearing nothing for several hours, I decide to see if there's any contact information on the hawaiilocalstyle website to e-mail them inquiring about the matter.

I sent the e-mail and got an error message back with a DNS error with domain name not found.

Did I just get hosed for $15 or is something else going on here?
    -kp!

Re: Advice on a web problem

I wouldn't rush to judgment on that one. Bad links happen, and it sounds like your contact email address could also be a bad link. Give the merchant the benefit of the doubt, assume good faith, and wait it out for a bit. The WHOIS for that domain name lists a Kauai post office box and gives a phone number:

Domain Name.......... hawaiilocalstyle.com
    Creation Date........ 2004-11-10
    Registration Date.... 2004-11-10
    Expiry Date.......... 2007-11-10
    Organisation Name.... Buford Poston
    Organisation Address. PO Box 223248
    Organisation Address.
    Organisation Address. Princeville
    Organisation Address. 96722
    Organisation Address. HI
    Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... D English
    Admin Address........ PO Box 223248
    Admin Address........
    Admin Address........ Princeville
    Admin Address........ 96722
    Admin Address........ HI
    Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
    Admin Email.......... aloha@hawaiilocalstyle.com
    Admin Phone.......... +1.8083462500
    If the website is showing up, there shouldn't be a DNS problem, assuming the email address you used had the same @hawaiilocalstyle.com domain name.

Is this the email address you used? If not, try this one and wait a full day. If you still get nothing, try the phone number. Or just go right to the phone number, if you're worried.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

edit:
    I just did a quick Google of the domain name and found at least one more email: podcast@hawaiilocalstyle.com. Try that one, too, while you're at it.

edited again:
    If you float your pointer over the email link in the CONTACT tab at the website, you can see (in most browsers at the bottom edge of your window, in the left corner) that the link is to "aloha@hawiilocalstyle.com", which is clearly either a typo or an intentional misspelling. Send a new email with the correctly-spelled email address, and you shouldn't get that DNS problem!
    Last edited by scrivener; January 9, 2007, 06:03 AM.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Thank You. I'll give that second address a try. I used the aloha@ address.

I just read your edit and checked my e-mail. Sure enough I used the typo'ed address. I cut and pasted from the site to my mail client. I'll resend fer sure!
      -kp!

Comment

scriv...
        Is there a way to know weather or not their e-mail blocks g-mail? I just thought of that. I'm using my g-mail account and sometimes it doesn't go through.
        -kp!

Comment

Working...
        X