X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miulang
    replied
    Re: looking for a new watch

Didja ever notice that a good percentage of the time, when you ask what time it is or glance at your watch or look at a clock, it's invariably either 20 minutes past or 20 minutes before the next hour?

Miulang

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

No one ever looks at a watch or clock to find out what time it actually IS; we are always checking to see "how much time has passed since..." or "how much time is left until..." something.

Leave a comment:

• Pua'i Mana'o
    replied

Watches are the local man's wedding band. This is so they know what time they betta get home!

Leave a comment:

• Kelly0040
    replied

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
    how much do you want to spend? Fossil or Patek Phillipe?
    Check this out
    Those watches are cool! omg

I wear Fossil watches. I guess their digital watches are sorta geeky... Fossil also has the Bluetooth CallerID watch so you can just look at your watch and see who's calling you. It's $250. Dunno if they have any at the store in the mall.

I had a sun dial watch for about 3 months before the pointy dial part broke off. That was kinda neat.

Leave a comment:

• Miulang
    replied

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
    Check this out
    Im going to buy one someday.
    Absolutely LOVE the name of this one on that website!

Miulang

Leave a comment:

• Hellbent
    replied

how much do you want to spend? Fossil or Patek Phillipe?
    Check this out
    Im going to buy one someday.

I currently have a Fossil and a Bulova

If you want a fancy looking watch but for cheap, go check out the swap meet. They have Rolexi there

Leave a comment:

• Miulang
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Douglas Adams, in "The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy," describing the human inhabitants of Earth: "...ape-descended life forms (who) are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."

Having said that, guess what I wear?
    Gedsuntheit!

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Douglas Adams, in "The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy," describing the human inhabitants of Earth: "...ape-descended life forms (who) are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."

Having said that, guess what I wear?

Leave a comment:

• Miulang
    replied

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
    I just realized that my current watch screams cheap - I had to wait for the time hands to make an entire 12 clock revolution until I can set it to the correct time.

Since I'm a geek, I thought I'll get a geeky watch. Anyone knows of any geeky watches I can buy locally?
    What's a "geeky" watch? You mean a digital one? How about a Casio? They're not too expensive and places like Best Buy would also carry them. The self-winding Timex watches are pretty cool looking too. They're analog rather than digital, but they don't need batteries, which is a plus.

Miulang

P.S. I have a solar-powered Citizen watch.
    Last edited by Miulang; March 1, 2007, 10:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• adrian
    replied

maybe something like this? but I don't want to wait for it.

Leave a comment:

• adrian
    started a topic looking for a new watch

looking for a new watch

I just realized that my current watch screams cheap - I had to wait for the time hands to make an entire 12 clock revolution until I can set it to the correct time.

Since I'm a geek, I thought I'll get a geeky watch. Anyone knows of any geeky watches I can buy locally?
Working...
X