Vonage about to go under?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vonage about to go under?

Vonage is in serious financial trouble. They have been fined $58 million plus royalties to Verizon for infringing on 3 patents. If you currently have Vonage VOIP service, you might want to consider shopping around for another vendor soon, although Vonage will probably appeal the court's decision and drag the whole thing out for a little longer. At some point, Vonage's remaining assets will probably be bought out by another telco.
    As the article points out, Vonage may soon be history, but VOIP is now here to stay.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Vonage about to go under?

Awwwww.

No more stupid ads with the funny music in the background...

Woo hoo, woo, hoo, hoo!

Bah.
    Well I am just a monkey man, I'm glad you are a monkey woman too.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
      Vonage is in serious financial trouble. They have been fined $58 million plus royalties to Verizon for infringing on 3 patents. If you currently have Vonage VOIP service, you might want to consider shopping around for another vendor soon, although Vonage will probably appeal the court's decision and drag the whole thing out for a little longer. At some point, Vonage's remaining assets will probably be bought out by another telco.
      As the article points out, Vonage may soon be history, but VOIP is now here to stay.

Miulang
      And they looked so goood & convincing in their commercials too.

I guess I should be glad that I wasn't convinced enough to register/apply with Vonage & Not convinced anyone else that is either my friends or relatives to register with Vonage.

(I almost did, but ddin't.)

Thank goodness.

Whew.

Aloha.
      Aches & Pains
      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyMan View Post
        Awwwww.

Woo hoo, woo, hoo, hoo!

Bah.

I liked the one with the chunky guy rejecting the overtures from the "hot" chick trying to get back with him. Woo hoo, woo hoo hoo ............

Comment

It kinda sucks for independent voip providers. Voip through Comcast? No thanks. I hated the commercials but I feel sorry for company's twice unlucky customer-shareholders.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
            I wonder if it really has to be ANOTHER telco. If it was Verizon's patents that were stomped on, maybe a deal could be reached where Verizon just swallows Vonage whole?
            http://www.pineapplejuice.net/freshly-squeezed

Comment

Awwwww.

QFT. (You beat me to it.)
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Oh well, a judge just imposed an injunction on Vonage today barring them from signing up any more customers as a result of the copyright infringement. The case was immediately appealed by Vonage but this is not good for them or their customers.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                  I liked the one with the chunky guy rejecting the overtures from the "hot" chick trying to get back with him. Woo hoo, woo hoo hoo ............

or the perky blonde at the beach who wanted to play with the dolphins she saw in the water which is actually SHARKS *LOL*

Comment

Awwwww.

Woo hoo, woo, hoo, hoo!

Bah.
                    That idiotic music in the background is from Kill Bill. There was an all girl Japanese "Punk" band featured in one scene and they were belting out that "tune". I just kept watching and watching and thought, this is some of the stupidest music I've ever heard....and I kept watching and watching and then it was done. I guess I was hoping someone would shoot up the band with a machine gun. Well heck, it was a Tarentino movie afterall.

Comment

Working...
                    X