I just got a Treo 700wx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got a Treo 700wx

It says it can play MP3 files but when I load them up on the mini SD card and search for them the Treo can't find them.

Man the learning curve on this bastard makes my Razr look so pathetic.

Anyone else got one of these phone/PDA?
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Re: I just got a Treo 700wx

I have a Treo 700p. I love it. My coworker got a Treo 700wx, figuring, "same thing." He hated it. He's on the Palm/Access side of the fence now! Wish I could help, Craig.

Comment

I was a dedicated Palm person myself but the Windows Media Player intrigued me to consider going to the dark side (Windows Mobile). I'm so used to the Palm Desktop so it was definately a learning curve, however I like the fact that this version syncs up beautifully with Outlook.

Because I'm using a web-based email I couldn't configure the POP3 email but this version of Windows paired with Verizon Wireless will allow you to link up with MSN Hotmail accounts. It doesn't indicate that internet charges would accrue as it does for other web-based applications so I'm gonna try a Hotmail account and see if it will sync up.

Otherwise this phone rocks! I was carrying a Palm 5x and my Moto Razr in a small pouch and hated it. Now it's just the Treo.

Anyone want to buy a Palm 5x cheap?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
        It says it can play MP3 files but when I load them up on the mini SD card and search for them the Treo can't find them.

Man the learning curve on this bastard makes my Razr look so pathetic.

Anyone else got one of these phone/PDA?
        Are you having problems locating the Mini SD card? or just the files on it? How did you put the music files on the card? Through an active sync explore session or did you put the card in a card reader and load them up?

I have a moto Q and on first install of the card, it wasn't recognized untill reboot. I also noticed that when I used Active sync to load sound files, it gives me a message saying that the files will be converted to something the phone will understand.
        -kp!

Comment

I talked to a Verizon representative and he told me I had to use Active Sync to download music files into the My Music folder.

I thought I could just download directly to the Mini SD thru a card reader but that's not the case. I haven't tried downloading yet but am eager to do so.

What really burns me up is that I purchased the 1gb SD card from Verizon for $44, then NewEgg.com puts the 2gb Mini SD card on sale for $9.99 YES TEN BUCKS plus shipping. But even with FedEx 2nd day air it came out to $23.00.

Comment

Working...
          X