MP3 player with video and FM tuner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3 player with video and FM tuner

I guess its time for me to get a new toy. The only time I didn't have a FM tuner as a feature in my MP3 player, was when I had an iPod - other than that, I enjoyed listening to different songs and getting traffic updates.

Obviously, if I got a standalone FM radio, then I could listen to that along with my MP3s, but I don't like carrying an extra gadget just to listen to radio. And the video is when I don't feel like taking out my laptop to watch videos.

I know my options are limited, but I know it can also be done. I'll stay away from the Zune because I don't like Microsoft's new products after they launched (office 2k7, Vista, x360, LiveCare, XP ) so that leaves an even narrower field to choose from.

Is there a site for MP3 players that I can help narrow down my search with features like phonescoop.com? Or better yet, what products do know that has those feature?

(oh,and I like my gadgets to work - so no drivers, no clumsy software, just plug 'n play and go)
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: MP3 player with video and FM tuner

I suggest checking cnet reviews

http://reviews.cnet.com/?tag=hd_ts
    808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
    kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
    http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Hi

Creative's Vision M and the more expensive but nicer W have a radio tuner and can play audio and video files straight out of the box that Ipod cannot like Xvid movies and others.

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Visio.../dp/B000IHBZHC

Comment

Originally posted by reineke View Post
        Hi

Creative's Vision M and the more expensive but nicer W have a radio tuner and can play audio and video files straight out of the box that Ipod cannot like Xvid movies and others.

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Visio.../dp/B000IHBZHC
        I maybe a computer technician, but I think I'll stay way from Creative unless I know for myself that they've improved the software and have drivers online.

My current MP3 player, the Creative Microphoto can't be detected by my computer even though it did a few months ago (nothing has changed). I ended up putting MP3s via WMP, but I can't figure out how to make a playlist. I lost the drivers on the CD, and stupid creative doesn't have that software on their website (I use the media explorer).

Comment

I actually bought one of those cheapie Walmart mp3 players for $59.00 and now I'm looking to upgrade, since I'm having so much fun with it.

I've foiund some pretty cool inexpensive stuff here:

http://www.mp4nation.com/main.php

DD
          www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
            I actually bought one of those cheapie Walmart mp3 players for $59.00 and now I'm looking to upgrade, since I'm having so much fun with it.

I've foiund some pretty cool inexpensive stuff here:

http://www.mp4nation.com/main.php

DD
            wow, Creative, iriver, Apple and other MP3 player manufacturers will have a field day suing this website.

Comment

Unfortunately you do have a point about Creative's software. I recently had trouble finding my cd and on their website there was only an update not the program itself. I might have missed it but I didn't like the way their software was organized. Installation was a pain. Linux does have good support for Zen products and xvids run nicely

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
                I guess its time for me to get a new toy. The only time I didn't have a FM tuner as a feature in my MP3 player, was when I had an iPod - other than that, I enjoyed listening to different songs and getting traffic updates.

Obviously, if I got a standalone FM radio, then I could listen to that along with my MP3s, but I don't like carrying an extra gadget just to listen to radio. And the video is when I don't feel like taking out my laptop to watch videos.

I know my options are limited, but I know it can also be done. I'll stay away from the Zune because I don't like Microsoft's new products after they launched (office 2k7, Vista, x360, LiveCare, XP ) so that leaves an even narrower field to choose from.

Is there a site for MP3 players that I can help narrow down my search with features like phonescoop.com? Or better yet, what products do know that has those feature?

(oh,and I like my gadgets to work - so no drivers, no clumsy software, just plug 'n play and go)
                what's wrong with the iPod again?

there are programs that will convert any video to be used on the iPod and there are several FM tuners that can be added to it.
                website - http://www.brianhancock.com
                blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

Originally posted by LocalMotion View Post
                  what's wrong with the iPod again?

there are programs that will convert any video to be used on the iPod and there are several FM tuners that can be added to it.
                  That's the thing: you'll have to use other devices or software to make the iPod do what the others have. However, the other devices doesn't have the seamless integration to iTunes.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
                    I maybe a computer technician, but I think I'll stay way from Creative unless I know for myself that they've improved the software and have drivers online.

My current MP3 player, the Creative Microphoto can't be detected by my computer even though it did a few months ago (nothing has changed). I ended up putting MP3s via WMP, but I can't figure out how to make a playlist. I lost the drivers on the CD, and stupid creative doesn't have that software on their website (I use the media explorer).
                    Yeah - my Creative Zen Micro - pretty simple and basic 1-gig audio player, no photo or video - did the same thing after a couple months; computer won't detect it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                      Yeah - my Creative Zen Micro - pretty simple and basic 1-gig audio player, no photo or video - did the same thing after a couple months; computer won't detect it at all.
                      are you still using it?

Comment

ZEN MP3 Player Is Not Detected (Recognized)

troubleshooting guide

Sorry, having troubles posting the link. It's under Creative's knowledge base. Just type in

ZEN MP3 Player Is Not Detected
                        Last edited by reineke; April 2, 2007, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reineke View Post
                          ZEN MP3 Player Is Not Detected (Recognized)

troubleshooting guide

Sorry, having troubles posting the link. It's under Creative's knowledge base. Just type in

ZEN MP3 Player Is Not Detected
                          I followed that guide, and I got it to work on my laptop (why not on my desktop, I don't know) but I want to be able to make playlists, which isn't available in WMP (plus, I hate WMP, or else I'd be using it).

I just want the creative mediasource software, or go with another MP3 player. *pouts in corner*

Comment

I did a little write-up for the iriver H100 series that I had but just read about your troubles with your current player... so I dableted it. Try the following:

Check out Creative's download page for Zen Microphoto. I did a search for the player using Windows XP. If you're using Vista, just go to their download start page and follow the prompts--choosing the appropriate version of Vista when they ask for OS.

For the first link I posted, under Applications, check out item four, which is "Creative MediaSource Player/Organizer 5.10.38".

If you're deadset on getting a new mp3 player, I can post what I wrote about the iriver H100 series. But you could probably only get them on ebay now.

Comment

Working...
                            X