You TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You TV?

We talked about Justin.TV. But new services like Stickam and Ustream can let anyone stream live video from anywhere.

As I type this, I'm at Haleiwa Beach Park with the family, picnicking as the sun sets. If you read this in the next half hour or so, join us!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hawaii

Quark and Scrivener and Keith H. are here already... Supercw, Kalei, and other friends joined us for lunch at Stadium Park earlier!

Re: You TV?

very neat!
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Aloha, howzit?

lol. Knock, knock.
      I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

UGH mine stalled out on me. Still is pretty cool.

Comment

Ack, I'm homesick, bad. *sigh* Keiki are gorgeous.

Comment

I don't have the latest version of java loaded on my PC, McAfee on my system complained about preventing IRC communication. I could see and hear the video feed but I couldn't join in the chat.

Comment

Omg, I want to join the chat. LOL! I'm not sure I have the latest plug in or whatever. Ahhh!

Comment

That is just waaaaaay toooooo coooool!

What I don't understand is I got the following message as the site was loading:
                "This applet was signed by "Philippe Detournay," and authenticated by "GlobalSign nv-sa". Do you trust this certificate?

Click trust to run this applet and allow it unrestricted access to your computer. Click Don't Trust to run this applet with standard Java restrictions."

(btw...the certificate has expired!)

Since I haven't broken bread or sipped wine with Philippe, I clicked "Don't Trust"! What might've been different if I'd clicked "Trust"? Would that mean Philippe and I were going steady?

Seriously, I didn't know what that message meant. <shrug>

Comment

^^ Got the same thing tutu, clicked don't trust as well.

Comment

Hey folks...ya call in via a regular phone. Ryan had the phone number and conference code on the web site. If I understood him correctly, the phone call was separate from UStream. He had his cell on speaker phone so everyone could hear and/or participate via a conference call.

So techie, that Ryan!!!

Comment

Took me a while to figure out the telephone conference call. I was watching the full screen version of the video feed and I didn't see that phone number. That phone number was on the Ustream page that was originally linked from Ryan.

Took a couple of tries for me. I tried my cell phone first but no one could hear my clearly so then I tried my home phone.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                        [...]I was watching the full screen version of the video feed[...]
                        There was a full screen option??? Jeez, see how untechie I am!

Comment

Whee! That was fun. Folks from around the island, and on the Mainland, tuning in to enjoy a Haleiwa sunset.

I kept streaming most of the way home, too, though both the conference call and video stream died eventually.

Yeah, Tutusue, you'd have to trust that guy to get the chat to work. It's an applet written by an independent developer and I guess he's not certified or expired or something. That's the difference between most folks and total geeks, I guess... We click "OK" and damn the torpedos! (And sometimes regret it.)

We'll have to do it again sometime. I plan to livecast rush hour traffic sometime this week for the heck of it. Show those Hawaii dreamers what the workaday life in "paradise" really involves!

Comment

That was very cool. I need to learn how. I have a cam on my new laptop.

Comment

That was good fun Ryan. Almost like being there without the sandy feet. Please twitter your next outing.
                              Check out Bytemarks the blog and Bytemarks the Yahoogroup

Comment

Working...
                              X