You TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HT personalities in the News

Our favorite tech geek is featured today in The Advertiser! Love it! So, can I take the Island Life section all over the office and say "he's my friend! he's my friend?!!" Can I? Can I?

Now, if only I could figure out my Razr!!!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Re: You TV?

Heh. Thanks, all! I admit, I enjoyed having my geek status affirmed in a newspaper of record! I know the reporter talked to a bunch of other people, but my head was so big there was only room for Burt (Quark) and I.

Despite what the photos and captions may have implied, my Treo 700p is not a live video streaming device. The photographer caught me taking a photo with it, and asked for its specs, but I guess I didn't clarify. I do take videos with it (see "Drowsy" or "Bon Dance" on YouTube), but can't broadcast live.

Yet.

Comment

Ryan, you're the man, dude. Can I get my hand on your footage of the Rakes at the Spam Jam? I'll put it on our myspace page with mad props to you and a link to hawaiigeek.tv!
        Don't be mean,
        try to help.

Comment

Hey, Jdub! You can get the video out of my HawaiiGeek.TV archives. But it's really not pass-along material. 'Twas filmed with a tiny camera and an overwhelmed microphone strapped to my shoulder and filming mostly the lower stage and road!

Fun as it is to share live, there's nothing quite like being there in person.

And... this just in. The Justin.TV network, which has expanded its network quite a bit in the past few weeks, has apparently opened up a channel right here in Hawaii. Star 101.9 is involved, and apparently so is KSSK.

It's not quite lifecasting, insofar as its more a promotional vehicle within an entertainment model for a corporate entity... but it does demonstrate the increasing prevalence of live, streaming video.

Comment

Lifecasting will be the topic on HPR's "Think Tech Hawaii" this afternoon at 5 p.m. Jay Fidell will be hosting Burt "Bytemarks" Lum and myself in a discussion about live video streaming for the masses. From the technology involved to the potential applications, we'll talk tech and take questions. If you can't pick up KIPO on your radio, you can listen online.

Comment

KITV's Mahealani Richardson covered lifecasting last night. She interviewed (ahem) a couple of local geeks, who gleefully took pictures of KITV taking pictures of them. And of course the whole thing was lifecasted. It was like a little media vortex.

The best part is anchor Paula Akana's comment afterward... My wife is still beaming.

Comment

YES!!! congratulations ryan!!!
                life is ok sometimes

Comment

I saw that, and when they did the teaser before the commercial I thought, "Dollars to donuts Ryan's in this clip." Sure enough...

Then Burt showed up too. Ryan, you've got a happier screen presence. (Sorry, Burt!)
                  http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Amazing, Ryan!!! Most interesting to me is how comfortable you've become in front of the camera with all of these interviews, weblogs and lifecasting under your belt.

Oh, and I agree with Paula and Shawn!!!

Comment

*bump*

I'm bumping this thread because it references justin.tv. I just read this very disturbing article about a suicide witnessed by viewers online via a web cam. The site was hosted by justin.tv.

Comment

Working...
                      X