Portable device for email in Europe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable device for email in Europe?

a friend of mine is flying to europe this saturday and would like to buy a very portable electronic device so that she can receive and send email. if you have any suggestions, i'm all ears but one problem as i see it (i hope i'm wrong) is that since she'll be in europe, having the device is only one part of the whole picture. she'll also have to have some kind of internet service plan with each country she happens to find herself in... i think.

anyway, i suggested that the easiest thing would be to find an internet cafe at every port they happen to hit.

if she does want to buy her own electronic device (price is not a problem) and look for a free hot spot in the various port towns, what device would you suggest she get?

there are so many cool electronic gadgets out there and i would expect at least one to be a real candidate...

thanks.
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: Portable device for email in Europe?

I would recommend a HP iPAQ pocket pc. I have an older one, the 5450 that has wifi and bluetooth. I use it on the go to respond and send emails. You can sync it with multiple mail accounts and getting on line is a breeze. From the web, I can access www.mail2web.com to check corporate email.
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
      I would recommend a HP iPAQ pocket pc. I have an older one, the 5450 that has wifi and bluetooth. I use it on the go to respond and send emails. You can sync it with multiple mail accounts and getting on line is a breeze. From the web, I can access www.mail2web.com to check corporate email.
      thanks for the tip. i'll check it out online now.
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I personally use a Palm TX. It also has built-in wi-fi and bluetooth.
        "It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop.."

Comment

Originally posted by cprompt0806 View Post
          I personally use a Palm TX. It also has built-in wi-fi and bluetooth.
          thanks. i'll pass on the recommendation

Comment

Working...
          X