G Mail problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G Mail problems

Anyone in here use GMail ? For the last week or so, My apple mail has not been sent my mail from my gmail accounts. I checked all my POP forwarding settings and their all how they're supposed to be.

What's even more frustrating is that ther is ABSOLUTELY NO TECH SUPPORT FOR GMAIL AT ALL ....A bunch of lame FAQ's is all you get...you can't email or call anyone...this is not good, considering I switched to Gmail and now I have to use my web browser to check my mail.

I really like Apple's Mail program, and now it's useless because Gmail's POP forwarding is not working.

Anyone out there have any suggestions ?
    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Re: G Mail problems

Interesting. I'm a Mac user, and gladly gave up the Mail app for the web-based Gmail! I've actually transitioned several of my domains to use Gmail as the email back end... much easier and faster than POP or IMAP.

I know Gmail was having issues yesterday in general, but I haven't heard anything POP specific, and not as persistent as what you're experiencing.

Of course, I wouldn't expect tech support for a free product with millions of users, but I think Google tends to set up Google Groups discussion areas for each of its products. And... yep, here's the Gmail Help group. You can try there.

Comment

I only use the web interface for my gmail. The only pop mail I get is from my primary account which only allows people that I whitelist to send me mail. Everything else goes to my gmail or yahoo. The nice thing as anyone knows about gmail and other web accounts is that we can check em from any computer that has a net connection. That is nice.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

No problems here. But then again, I don't use Gmail's POP settings.

Comment

I love gmail too-- but I also do not use POP.

Last week I noticed that my email address was being spoofed and spam being sent with my address as reply. I was getting bombarded with undeliverable messages. I suspect others gmail email addresses may also have been used and that could have wreaked havoc with the system. This week, so far, the spam has stopped.

Comment

update : my Gmail problem seems to have corrected itself.

Hopefully it was just a glitch.
            http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
            Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
            Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

http://www.davidairey.co.uk/StaticPage.html

Gmail apparently had a security flaw that seems to be fixed now but the article warns to check to see if anyone exploited the flaw before it was fixed.

Comment

GMail is like that. Normally works fine, but every now and then the server your account is on flakes out and you'll be SOL for a few hours.

If you have more then one account, the two accounts are not affected at the same time.

Comment

http://groups.google.com/group/Gmail...df941667?hl=en

If you use Gmail, you may not be getting all your email because a spam filter is apparently blocking Gmail. The problem should be a temporary one but XMLogic, a major spam filter provider, has blacklisted Gmail apparently because of spammers hacking into Gmail. Some ISP's may be joining in as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X