Hawaii's Internet Speeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii's Internet Speeds

I stumbled upon this link which gives a more realistic picture to the slow internet speeds picture painted by that recent
    PCMag article
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Re: Hawaii's Internet Speeds

Thanks for that link, and I do plan on reading there. I just don't get it....tell me we're slower than much of the nation when Roadrunner and a pentium chip that's a 2.9 have me smiling and quite happy. I can't imagine how lightening fast RR service must be on the mainland with a fast enough puter. Wow....
    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

I don't think the speed of your computer really plays the huge factor in your Internet speeds. It boils down to lack of competition.See on the mainland,Road Runner has been offering 10-15Mbps speeds, especially in areas with Verizon FiOS.

Here in Hawaii, Oceanic has not had that competition (yet) to force them to raise their speeds beyond the token Road Runner turbo (8Mbps/512K) for an additional 9.95 month
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

I've tested my connection online many times. It is testing faster than both kinds or is that three speeds of a T1 line, but not as fast at two? speeds of T3s. We click and we're there and when not, I think it's on the other end, the server's end of whatever website we're trying to use.

Comment

I don't really have anything useful to say about ISP speeds. I just needed to share when I ran across the most ass-kicking bandwidth meter ever, "Mr. T1".

Comment

T1??? Why would I want to downgrade?

Comment

LOL good point on the downgrade. I do not know if the online tests are accurate, or not. I only know we test faster than T1s when I have done the test, and then, forget the numbers...I'm satisfied with RR service. beep beep.....

Comment

From what I've Googled, T1 is 1.544Mbit/sec. Currently HawTel DSL is about 3Mbit/sec. Road Runner is faster yet. Upload is a different story.

Comment

Working...
                X