Local Canon camera repair shops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Local Canon camera repair shops?

I just got back from the office at Ward Plaza. The lady behind the desk took one look at the camera and its symptom and immediately said that they'd send it off to the Mainland, back in 2-3 weeks, repairs free.

Boy, am I glad I posted the question. Thanks, folks.

I've been a Canon fan for a long time (I still own a film AE SLR, and love it). This has added to my customer satisfaction.

Now, I did see their digital SLR at Office Depot yesterday...$899. Nah, not right now.
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister View Post
      I just got back from the office at Ward Plaza. The lady behind the desk took one look at the camera and its symptom and immediately said that they'd send it off to the Mainland, back in 2-3 weeks, repairs free.
      If it's the sensor problem, it's Sony that's making good on the defect. But that's nice of Canon to send it back for you. That's great customer service.

Comment

I've been meaning to go to this Canon place. I think I need to get the sensor on my Canon 300D cleaned.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
          If it's the sensor problem, it's Sony that's making good on the defect. But that's nice of Canon to send it back for you. That's great customer service.
          Update: I got a call from the Canon people today telling me they don't have the part in Chicago, and how would I like a refurbished Canon SD600 instead? Different battery, but they'll send me one with a charger that fits it, same memory card, 3x zoom rather than 2x, 6mp (which I don't need, but...) all at no charge.

I said "of course!"

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister View Post
            how would I like a refurbished Canon SD600 instead?
            Yes, they've been doing that too for other brands. Older cameras use lower megapixel sensors they don't make anymore, so then they dig around in the referb bin to see what they have.

Good deal! One word of advice: Go shoot some blue sky and blank walls. Check for "fuzz" on the sensor.

Comment

I went and got the new camera today, and the battery's charging at the moment. It's a different size and has a different charger.

Does anyone have any use for a brand-new never-used RadioShack RS 23-608 Li-ion battery (comparable to Canon NB-3L) and a charger for it?

Comment

Working...
              X