X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who's your cellular phone provider?

Originally posted by helen
    The hints for the Nokia 1100 would be:

1) Make sure that it's the only thing in your pocket.
    2) If you are sitting in a chair with armrest take the phone out of the pocket.
    3) You may want to hold it in your hand if it is free.
    4) If you are not expecting calls turn it off (TracFone has a Voice Mail system with the service).
    Those will be useful. My cordless phone cable from computer to wall quit overnight, unbeknownst to me, and Mom went nearly crazy this morning trying to call me (I put the phone on the bedside table at night). I've replaced the cable, but I decided to go ahead and buy the Nokia 1100 today.

Now it's charging, which they tell me takes up to three hours. Then I can go through the rigmarole of activating. I assume that's when Tracfone assigns a phone number?

Update
    : Gah! I can't get the word "code" in the upper left corner after entering the IMEI number and the SIM number, so I can't enter the code they give me. Pushing various buttons, I get "SIM registration failed."

Stupid gadgets.
    Last edited by Linkmeister; June 10, 2006, 04:42 PM.
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Growl. The Tracfone people quit work early on weekends, too.

Comment

I finally got mad and "activated" via phone, rather than on the web. That means I don't get the additional 10 "units" of time (minutes, really) you earn by going through the web, but what the heck.

Now I gather that since it's a weekend, and evening at that, it may not really be activated till Monday.

And how do I get informed what the cellphone number is?

Comment

There are two ways to do it. Both methods assume you are starting at the TracFone display, where it says TracFone and displayes the ending service date and the number of units left.

Method #1:
          1. Press the Menu key
          2. Scroll till you get to Prepaid and then press the Select key
          3. Scroll till you get to Phone Number and then press the Select key

Method #2:
          1. Press the Menu key
          2. Scroll till you get to Contacts and then press the Select key
          3. Scroll till you get to Own Number and then press the Select key

Comment

Thanks, Helen. I was hoping you'd notice that question.

It's still not activated as of this morning at 0745.

Comment

Did you turn phone off and on?

Comment

Did you turn phone off and on?
                I've had it off/on periodically. I'm on the phone with them right now. Am I supposed to leave it on to let the activation signal through?

Update: Ok, after a 6-minute wait on hold, I managed to talk to someone, and she gave me about 5 20-digit codes to enter into the phone, after which it updated the date and units. I'm supposed to wait about 15 minutes before the phone number appears on screen.
                Last edited by Linkmeister; June 11, 2006, 10:25 AM.

Comment

My two cents...

I use to be with AT & T, as Cingular use to be a single company in itself, later Cingular combined with AT & T, & just became Cingular.

No offense to those who are Cingular fans, but, since they became Cingular, I just didn't like them any more .

So, I switched to T-MOBILE!!, plus my hubby is on T-mobile for the longest tme, so I figured I would join in with him, & help him to save on his minutes. With the family plan, texting, & calling between him & I doesn't get deducted off of his minutes & buckets etc..

Over all, I really like being in T-Mobile. Plus, I use an x495 . http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/phones/...6-c4bc0f593aeb

If you ask me, I have seen alot of people have ordered this phone, & I see alot of people using them in the bus & towards downtown .

I have not regreted switching over to t-mobile. =)

No offense, but....

WOO HOO!!.

Aloha. =)

P.S. it seems like to me any way, that T-Mobile has have/had the higher ratings on this pole. *thumbs up smiley*

One thing for sure, what bugs me the most is any type of cell phone, including this one, that the company itself doesn't have any way of providing you an information on how to BLOCK a phone number from calling you at all!.

Aloha.
                  Last edited by Serenity; June 11, 2006, 01:44 PM.
                  Aches & Pains
                  (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

I got a phone number. However, when I went out and bought a prepaid card and entered the PIN to redeem it I got a message telling me to call customer service. Naturally, they're closed (5:50pmEDT on Sundays).

So I tried to enter the same PIN online under the "redeem airtime" section of the website, and I got an error saying there's a problem with the phone.

This is becoming annoying.

Comment

If Tracfone is to be believed, they were upgrading their systems over the weekend, which is why I had trouble adding my newly-purchased minutes. Anyway, after a ten-minute hold I managed to get them added. Man, the 24-number codes you have to enter into the phone pad present all manner of potential for errors.

Comment

I tend to use the web site to activate and add air time. Figured it was easier to do.

Comment

I tend to use the web site to activate and add air time. Figured it was easier to do.
                          Well, using the phone isn't hard as long as the system is working. About three keypad strokes to get to the PIN entry, punch it in, then hit OK.

However...if it ain't working, then nothing is gonna save you, or so it appears.
                          Last edited by Linkmeister; June 12, 2006, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity

One thing for sure, what bugs me the most is any type of cell phone, including this one, that the company itself doesn't have any way of providing you an information on how to BLOCK a phone number from calling you at all!.

Aloha.

Does anyone here know how to Block a number from a cell phone??? I have that x495 from samsung.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

I hope that it is possible, cuz, I am getting desperate, & I don't want to really change my phone number at all.

Aloha.
                            Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity
                              Does anyone here know how to Block a number from a cell phone??? I have that x495 from samsung.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

I hope that it is possible, cuz, I am getting desperate, & I don't want to really change my phone number at all.

Aloha.
                              hmmm... either call tmobile and explain the situation, or mark that number with a silent ringtone or name and don't answer it. If its a spammer, then not answering will get them off your back (atleast it worked for a few spammers calling me).

EDIT: I need to get away from the computer.

EDIT2: I searched on a mobile forum, and many people suggesested what I posted, so that's the only thing you can do, unless you want to change your number.
                              Last edited by adrian; June 12, 2006, 03:31 PM.
                              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                                hmmm... either call tmobile and explain the situation, or mark that number with a silent ringtone or name and don't answer it. If its a spammer, then not answering will get them off your back (atleast it worked for a few spammers calling me).

EDIT: I need to get away from the computer.

EDIT2: I searched on a mobile forum, and many people suggesested what I posted, so that's the only thing you can do, unless you want to change your number.
                                Thanks for trying, & replying back.

Aloha.

P.S. I'm really tempted to change my phone number, but I have had that number for a looong time, & I just don't want to notify everyone else due to a number changes, you know?.

Thank so much for the help.

HUGS.
                                Aches & Pains

Comment

Working...
                                X