• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google bought Jaiku

Just received this notice from Jaiku:

Wonderful Jaiku users,

Exciting news, Jaiku is joining Google!

While its too soon to comment on specific plans, we look forward to working with our new friends at Google over the coming months to expand in ways we hope you'll find interesting and useful. Our engineers are excited to be working together and enthusiastic developers lead to great innovation. We look forward to accomplishing great things together.

In order to focus on innovation instead of scaling, we have decided to close new user sign-ups for now. But fear not! All our Jaiku services will stay running the way you are used to and you will continue to be able to invite your friends to Jaiku.

We have put together a quick Q&A about the acquisition at

http://jaiku.com/help/google

Jyri Engestrom and Petteri Koponen, Jaiku Founders
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Re: Google bought Jaiku

PZ and I were just Jaiku'ing the other day that there needs to be a migration of real souls in order to make it work. Otherwise, it's purpose is feeds.
    ___
    "Be god to each other."

Comment

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10...petitor_jaiku/

Google has acquired Jaiku, a Finnish company that lets you bombard your closest friends with an endless stream of self-serving mini-messages. Think of it as Twitter with a different but equally-annoying name.
      Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

I have a Jaiku profile here. And there's a Jaiku channel for Hawaii folks here. Activity has definitely picked up since news of the aquisition.

I don't think this means doom for Twitter, as I think the communities that have sprouted up around either service are slightly different. Still, if Jaiku continues to grow, and Twitter continues to have growing pains and downtime... we may be microblogging in a "Gooku" world someday.

Comment

I'm here on Jaiku. If you're Jaikuing, feel free to add me, and join my channels!

#breakfast: What's for Breakfast? (one of my favorite HT threads is a Jaiku channel)
          jaiku.com/channel/breakfast

#crossword: How long did it take you to do today's NYT Crossword Puzzle?
          jaiku.com/channel/crossword

#reading: What are you reading?
          jaiku.com/channel/reading

I'm currently the only member of two of those channels!
          Last edited by scrivener; October 9, 2007, 02:16 PM. Reason: "my rainbow is overdue . . ."
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I'm also here Come join me!
            So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post

OK, Scriv....now there are two of us!
              So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

I just joined too.heheheh
                http://auntiepupule.jaiku.com/

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                  I'm here on Jaiku. If you're Jaikuing, feel free to add me, and join my channels!

#breakfast: What's for Breakfast? (one of my favorite HT threads is a Jaiku channel)
                  jaiku.com/channel/breakfast

#crossword: How long did it take you to do today's NYT Crossword Puzzle?
                  jaiku.com/channel/crossword

#reading: What are you reading?
                  jaiku.com/channel/reading

I joined the What's for Breakfast channel because I enjoy your recommendations. I am considering the crossword channel, but hesitate because the question is 'how long...' and considering the way I multi-task, it may take me a few days.

Anyone and everyone we're here here. And, Auntie Pupule is a Jaiku member too but I'll let her make her grand entrance!

UPDATE: And she already did!
                  Last edited by infinitypro; October 9, 2007, 02:44 PM. Reason: UPDATE.
                  ___
                  "Be god to each other."

Comment

K-den..what are Channels?

Get channel foa the little bit insane?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Here's what I figured out so far, and I don't know if it's old news but it's new to me.

I've created the INFINITY PRODUCTIONS Channel and have all my blogs, Plazes, Flickr, etc. feeding into the channel, rather than my user account. This way if you want to know what I or we have been doing, writing, seeing, going...you can check out the channel.

And, if I choose to share a link of a blog or photo I can post it in my user account, but the feeds won't 'clog' up the Overview or be humbug to others (*ahem* I had you in mind, PZ ).

I also subscribe to the Hawaii channel that PZ linked above, and Wordpress, Flickr, Digg, etc. for any updates.

I am jazzed to say the least 'bout the INFINITY PRODUCTIONS channel because it's sort of like a LIFESTREAM.
                      ___
                      "Be god to each other."

Comment

Working...
                      X