Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Former Bishop Estate trustee busted

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Even better!Shhhh.....don't "out" me on this one.

So, regarding Hamada's column, referenced earlier - I smiled at it, but didn't laugh out loud. It seemed to me like an easy joke to make, but he played it very well. Well enough that I plan to read more of his columns, as I don't really know his writing yet.
    It's a too easy joke that borders on stale humor. The best I could react is a tiny chuckle.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
      It's a too easy joke that borders on stale humor. The best I could react is a tiny chuckle.
      It was basically Rick trying to do his best Dave Barry imitation, and falling flat. Oh well, if it was that easy to emulate Dave's humor, then a whole bunch of us would likewise have nationally syndicated columns, a Pulitzer prize or two in the office, and best-selling books to our credit.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
        Mayor Wright Housing and Kuhio Park Terrace.
        I know those 2 housing projects are affectionately referred to by some of its tenants as "Hollywood" and "Vegas." But what I want to know is,.... which one is which?
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
          I know those 2 housing projects are affectionately referred to by some of its tenants as "Hollywood" and "Vegas." But what I want to know is,.... which one is which?
          K-den. I live MWH and I PUA so dat makes it Holly-wood!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
            K-den. I live MWH and I PUA so dat makes it Holly-wood!
            LOL!

I just talked to my friend who grew up in KPT. He says you're right.

KPT = Vegas
            MWH = Hollywood

He also said that KVH is "Sin City." Gee, I wonder why?

Comment

It was basically Rick trying to do his best Dave Barry imitation, and falling flat.
              My advice to Mr. Hamada: Don't be like Dave Barry. There is only one Dave Barry.
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I plead the 5th.

ha ha ha

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

So now Gerard Jervis has been indicted, and the cops have added terroristic threatening to the list of charges. If the witness he is accused of threatening did not indicate any verbal contact in her statement, where does HPD get off feeding the grand jury this stuff? It sure seems like they have an ax to grind with Jervis.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                  USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                    So now Gerard Jervis has been indicted, and the cops have added terroristic threatening to the list of charges. If the witness he is accused of threatening did not indicate any verbal contact in her statement, where does HPD get off feeding the grand jury this stuff? It sure seems like they have an ax to grind with Jervis.
                    Maybe he mimed a threat?

Comment

LOL!

I just talked to my friend who grew up in KPT. He says you're right.

KPT = Vegas
                      MWH = Hollywood

I believe it's:

Kalihi Valley Homes = Hollywood because they're on the side of the mountain like the Hollywood sign.

KPT = Vegas because the "lights" from A & B buildings.

MWH = L.A. because it's in the "city"
                      ___
                      "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                        Maybe he mimed a threat?
                        I’m sure he didn’t flash her the shaka sign... but seriously... does anyone think he went farther than flipping the bird (hardly “terroristic” IMHO)?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                        USA TODAY, page 2A
                        11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                          I’m sure he didn’t flash her the shaka sign... but seriously... does anyone think he went farther than flipping the bird (hardly “terroristic” IMHO)?
                          Terroristic threatening can be anything whether it be verbal or physical that implies harm to another person.

Now one guy flashed this machette at me one day on the street corner of Punahou and Beretania threatening to kill me while chasing me around my car.

Earlier he thought I cut him off by Star market by University even though I was in a flowing line of traffic and he wanted to merge into our 30-MPH traffic.

He catches up to me at the corner of Isenberg and Beretania, gets out of his car and starts pounding the roof of my car. I'm still seat-belted in so I grab his collar and start slamming his face into my car's roof over my head until he relents. His Korean wife comes screaming out of their car behind me and begs me to stop. I push him away and the light turns green so I drive off thinking this is where it ends.

No way he gets into his car and chases me down the road in traffic.

At Punahou and Beretania he comes out with this machette and at that point I exit my car as he chases me around it. I'm getting really pissed at this point after my second trip around my car, stop and disable this guy who obviously doesn't know how to defend himself with a lethal weapon. I'm ready to end this guys pathetic life for threatening mine when his wife once again runs out of their car begging me to stop. Where the hell was she when my life was in danger? Stupid bitch.

I throw the guy to the ground and yell at him to get the F*ck outta here before I call the cops. He runs back to his car and takes off, tires spinning.

I call the cops with his license plate and they talk to him. The cops want me to press terroristic threatening charges against the man for threatening to kill me. I ask the detective handling the case to find out if he just had a bad day and I was the unfortunate sucker that was the last straw.

Apparently this guy just had an arguement with his wife and he was already seeing red when I happened to pass his entry point onto Beretania. I told the detective I won't press charges but if this maniac continues to berrate me I would seek him out and perform more street justice on that bastard. The detective laughed and hung up.

So Terroristic Threatening can be as simple as yelling out to someone,"I going kill you" to displaying the image of a handgun with your hands and pointing your index finger at someone.

But displaying the bird is like telling someone that you'd like to have a sexual relationship with them and that's not terroristic in my book. That's just evil cuz I'm married and my wife is the only one that can tell me I'm #1 and prove it.
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

This guy obviously had no idea about the capabilities of the people he threatens. The world is full of punks like this. They are literally asking to be maimed, killed, or worse. And there are people out there willing to oblige them.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                              This guy obviously had no idea about the capabilities of the people he threatens. The world is full of punks like this. They are literally asking to be maimed, killed, or worse. And there are people out there willing to oblige them.
                              Just like these kids who thought egging property was something innocent, until you egg someone who gives a f*ck about it and decides to do something about it.

I had my car egged from a condo on Ena road in Waikiki along with a few other parked vehicles. Spider cracks in my paint job. I called the cops and they told me there's nothing they could do about it. Looking up at the building I could see some people looking down at me and laughing. I pointed up at the balcony and told the cop they may have done it or maybe could have seen somebody do it from their vantage point. The cop did nothing and drove off.

Well the laughing stopped when I yelled to them 20-stories up, "That cop got fingerprints off those eggshells, he's off to forensics to identify you assholes!" They quickly went inside and the lights went out. I waited for an hour for those bastards to come out, they didn't. I tell you all talk no walk friggin cowards.
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Jervis finally receives his sentence for his part in the Lanikai egg-throwing brouhaha. And it is substantially less than what prosecutors were initially seeking.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...AKING/90407069

I think the probation, fine, and community service are fitting, as he has already served 36 hours in jail, had his license suspended for 90 days, and received substance abuse and anger management counseling. Hopefully, Jervis can now put this incident behind him and get on with the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
                                X