Former Bishop Estate trustee busted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Former Bishop Estate trustee busted

I called the cops and they told me there's nothing they could do about it. Looking up at the building I could see some people looking down at me and laughing. I pointed up at the balcony and told the cop they may have done it or maybe could have seen somebody do it from their vantage point. The cop did nothing and drove off.
    Although I am very disappointed in the HPD for the very same reason, there are guidelines they must follow. No law against laughing at someone. It DOES seem there's selective enforcement, however. That's one of the things I hoped Boisse would correct (thanks for correcting my spell-checker, FM, Boise is in Idaho, Boisse is in Honolulu), but he's meeting with a lot of resistance from complacent cops who liked 'the old system' better.

HPD is notoriously reluctant to gather evidence, or even try, even in felony cases. Yet at other times they are quick to initiate prosecution - if it's the 'easy way,' as in MV offenses.

To wit: Driving through Waimanalo, a male person started banging on my driver's window, then took a rock and tried to break in. I drove away and then I had a rock thrown through the window of my car. I was bleeding from shards of broken glass, the rock was still in my car. I saw the persons and property from where the rock came from - a deserted house across from the beach. The perps even bragged they had taken pictures for 'candid camera.' The officer said unless I could ID the INDIVIDUAL who had thrown the rock, 'there's nothing we can do.'
    No fingerprints taken, just a scolding of the 'group' and a recommendation from the officer I take it "as a prank."

For years my property has been invaded (it's a large piece of land, and I can't see it all from my dwelling) and my agricultural products (fruit and tropical flowers) have been systematically stolen. I knew the perp (my next-door neighbor's daughter), who had also been dumping trash on my property for years and denying both the theft and the dumping. HPD and C&C both said I had to 'catch her in the act' and have two witnesses or photographic evidence before they could do anything. After having two remote cameras trashed and the police still saying the same thing, I went out of business. Wasn't worth the hassle.

However, when someone accused me of a traffic violation I didn't commit, HPD was there 2 weeks later, and after confirming that I admitted I was in the area at the time in question, I got ticketed and had to go to court to exonerate myself.

I know there's supposed to be justice in the law, but frankly I haven't seen it.

(Are you really sure this isn't 1930's Chicago?)
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

What is it about these current and former Bishop Estate Trustees? One thing after another... or do we just notice more?

Howard, on KHNL-TV, reports Jervis got probation and public service, because he chased his perps too long.... should have taken the plate number and then been ignored by police.

The perpetrators? Have not been charged. Anyone want odds?

Welcome to Hawai`i.
      Last edited by Kaonohi; April 7, 2009, 10:20 PM. Reason: What?
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
        He catches up to me at the corner of Isenberg and Beretania, gets out of his car and starts pounding the roof of my car. I'm still seat-belted in so I grab his collar and start slamming his face into my car's roof over my head until he relents. His Korean wife comes screaming out of their car behind me and begs me to stop. I push him away and the light turns green so I drive off thinking this is where it ends.

No way he gets into his car and chases me down the road in traffic.

At Punahou and Beretania he comes out with this machette and at that point I exit my car as he chases me around it. I'm getting really pissed at this point after my second trip around my car, stop and disable this guy who obviously doesn't know how to defend himself with a lethal weapon. I'm ready to end this guys pathetic life for threatening mine when his wife once again runs out of their car begging me to stop. Where the hell was she when my life was in danger? Stupid bitch.

I throw the guy to the ground and yell at him to get the F*ck outta here before I call the cops. He runs back to his car and takes off, tires spinning.
        You sound like one tough SOB :O Hope the next guy that guy pulls the machete out on is as nice as you!
        What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Working...
        X