Lawmaker Corrine Ching busted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawmaker Corrine Ching busted

hi this is sansei and i heard lawmaker corrine ching was busted for speeding and she has to give up her driver's license for 30 day's and she has to attend driver's ed and do community service and she once taught at mae mae school and she and my second sister once knew one another and this isnt good news so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time:O(
    Last edited by admin; September 12, 2012, 07:39 PM. Reason: Correcting title and phrasing.

Re: lawmaker corrine ching arrested

If she's still driving the SUV with the CORINNE CHING spare-tire cover, I think it's kinda funny that she thought this kind of speeding was a good idea, whether or not she was actually pulled over. That's a pretty visible car.

The reason was Ching's excessive speeding. She's not denying anything and told the judge to give her what she deserves. I missed the first part of the story, but it looked like she got nailed in that (seemingly sudden) drop to 35mph near the bottom of Likelike coming back to town.

Shoot. Excessive speeding means 35 over the limit or 80 anywhere. It's sooooooo easy to hit 70 on that part of Likelike that I think any driver who regularly drives that way is thinking, "That coulda been me!" That's what I was thinking.

It doesn't lessen the seriousness of the crime, obviously, but the fact that otherwise perfectly law-abiding citizens can probably relate to this one means Ching will get off easy in the court of public opinion. She wasn't racing, and racing is what that law was designed to curtail.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

http://starbulletin.com/2007/01/26/news/story01.html
      The StarBulletin reported:

"State law punishes drivers going 30 mph more than the posted speed limit or moving at more than 80 mph:
      FIRST-TIME OFFENDERS:
      Fines of $500 to $1,000, a 30-day license suspension, mandatory driver's education and either 36 hours of community service or two to five days in prison.
      SECOND-TIME OFFENDERS:
      A $750 minimum fine, a 30-day license suspension and either 120 hours of community service or five to 14 days in prison.
      THREE OR MORE VIOLATIONS:
      A minimum $1,000 fine, license revocation up to a year and 10 to 30 days' prison time."
      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

she reps same district as rod tam. she does still drive the crv or rav4 w/her name emblazoned on the spare tire cover. her hubby is an ER doc, I understand.
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
          It doesn't lessen the seriousness of the crime, obviously, but the fact that otherwise perfectly law-abiding citizens can probably relate to this one means Ching will get off easy in the court of public opinion.
          If you're talking about the impact this arrest will have on Ching's re-election chances, I suppose this will pass over since:

1) she immediately owed up to the violation and didn't try to make excuses for herself.

2) she wasn't caught speeding in her own district. If her re-election rested with Kalihi Valley voters, then believe you me, Ching would have to start looking for another job. I know more than a few people who are fed up with motorists from the Windward side blowing through the red lights in our neighborhood because they are driving too fast to come to a complete stop at the intersections.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
            http://starbulletin.com/2007/01/26/news/story01.html
            The StarBulletin reported:

"State law punishes drivers going 30 mph more than the posted speed limit or moving at more than 80 mph:
            FIRST-TIME OFFENDERS:
            Fines of $500 to $1,000, a 30-day license suspension, mandatory driver's education and either 36 hours of community service or two to five days in prison.
            SECOND-TIME OFFENDERS:
            A $750 minimum fine, a 30-day license suspension and either 120 hours of community service or five to 14 days in prison.
            THREE OR MORE VIOLATIONS:
            A minimum $1,000 fine, license revocation up to a year and 10 to 30 days' prison time."
            I didn't know I can go up to 29 mph over the posted speed limit.
            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
              I didn't know I can go up to 29 mph over the posted speed limit.
              You’ll still run the risk of a speeding ticket, you just won’t be subject to the “excessive speeding” law Amati refers to.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

Re: Lawmaker Corrine Ching arrested

She did the right thing by admitting to her excessive speeding. Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds, Marion Jones, and Pete Rose are examples of their denials being worse than their crime. Not to mention that the public opinions of them took a huge nosedive.
                Last edited by Walkoff Balk; July 30, 2008, 07:30 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                  You’ll still run the risk of a speeding ticket, you just won’t be subject to the “excessive speeding” law Amati refers to.
                  Thank you for pointing that out, I'd not want someone to be out there driving around at 29mph too fast thinking it was ok due to their duh factor.
                  Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                    ... and Pete Rose are examples of their denials being worse than their crime.
                    Sorry to go off-topic here, but I have to disagree with this one. The other people you mention cheated in their sports in order to win. Pete Rose quite likely cheated in order to lose. Lying about cheating to lose is NOT a worse offense than cheating to lose, not in the world of competitive sports.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Sorry to go off-topic here, but I have to disagree with this one. The other people you mention cheated in their sports in order to win. Pete Rose quite likely cheated in order to lose. Lying about cheating to lose is NOT a worse offense than cheating to lose, not in the world of competitive sports.
                      Cheating in sports is bad in the court of public opinion. Lying and denying in a federal court gets you time in jail.

Comment

If she's still driving the SUV with the CORINNE CHING spare-tire cover, I think it's kinda funny that she thought this kind of speeding was a good idea, whether or not she was actually pulled over. That's a pretty visible car.

The reason for the arrest was Ching's excessive speeding. She's not denying anything and told the judge to give her what she deserves. I missed the first part of the story, but it looked like she got nailed in that (seemingly sudden) drop to 35mph near the bottom of Likelike coming back to town.

Shoot. Excessive speeding means 35 over the limit or 80 anywhere. It's sooooooo easy to hit 70 on that part of Likelike that I think any driver who regularly drives that way is thinking, "That coulda been me!" That's what I was thinking.

It doesn't lessen the seriousness of the crime, obviously, but the fact that otherwise perfectly law-abiding citizens can probably relate to this one means Ching will get off easy in the court of public opinion. She wasn't racing, and racing is what that law was designed to curtail.
                        Not only the Corrine Ching spare tire cover, but the license plate reading "Elect".

Comment

I generally don't have a high opinion of most elected officials, but I gotta admit that she increased my opinion a couple of notches. Good for her!

Comment

Sorry, didn't mean to give the impression that it was good that she got arrested. Good that she owned up to her mistake (instead of blaming it on her contacts, ha, ha!)

Comment

Correction printed in the Honolulu Advertiser

CORRECTION

Rep. Corinne Ching, R-27th (Nu'uanu, Pu'unui), was

never arrested and did not plead "no contest" to drunken-driving charges.

The 2008 Primary Election Voters' Guide was inaccurate.

Comment

Working...
                              X