Lingle says Obama "not local"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lingle says Obama "not local"?

Pretty stupid,coming from someone born in Missouri,to someone born here. But
    I wouldn't expect anything less from the idiotic Repubs.

Re: Lingle says Obama "not local"?

Once a local, always a local ....... he knows Rainbow Drive-Inn

Comment

Article from the Star Bulletin on the subject:

http://www.starbulletin.com/news/200...ocal_ties.html

Comment

when was she last relevant?
        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

During the last 8 year's on the 2 election day's.
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Wow...whatta cheap shot on Lingle's part. I guess being born at Kapiolani has no merit for someone running for president. Obama was BORN and went to school in Hawaii, fer crissake! He still has family here.

Let's see...I was born and schooled on the mainland and moved to Hawaii when I was in my mid 30s. I own a business here and I've voted here. According to Lingle I'm "local"? Really? Nope...I'm a resident, just like Lingle.

How much is she getting paid to say this kinda nonsense?

Comment

She's just showing the big boy's, the Creatures From The DC Black Lagoon, of which she's dying to be part of, that she can keep a straight face while going as low as they'd like.
              Her political ambitions have no moral/ethical/legal boundries.

Did you see the Arizona 'crowd' she performed to? The paper said 70 persons attended, but looked like about 25.
              You go, girl!
              Last edited by Ron Whitfield; October 16, 2008, 10:37 AM.

Comment

I cannot get the search function to work for me right now, but isn't there a thead on HT that deals with "What Makes Someone Local"?
                Let's put Obama to the "local kine" test, HT style!
                Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Lingles comments only add to the perception that McCain's campaign is sidetracked with petty mudslinging rather than focusing on what's important. However, I am a little curious about why she's telling this to people in Colorado, if she's gonna say it at all. Does she really think people in Colorado (or any state other than possibly Hawaii) care that Obama has Hawaii ties to such an extent that it will make a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                    Lingles comments only add to the perception that McCain's campaign is sidetracked with petty mudslinging rather than focusing on what's important. However, I am a little curious about why she's telling this to people in Colorado, if she's gonna say it at all. Does she really think people in Colorado (or any state other than possibly Hawaii) care that Obama has Hawaii ties to such an extent that it will make a difference?
                    Imagine if she had made that statement here?

Comment

The Star Bulletin references an interview the Fort Collins Now did with Linda Lingle. In it Lingle responds to Obama's implicit suggestion that Hawaii is just like Colorado, so Colorado voters should trust him. Nowhere in it do I see her stating Obama isn't local.

I'm confused by the title of this thread, the organization of the SB article, and Mazie Hirono's response. Is there a transcript of Lingle's interview, which I haven't found yet?

Originally posted by Palolo lolo View Post
                      I wouldn't expect anything less from the idiotic Repubs.
                      I don't expect much from people who automatically vote Democrat either.

Mike Fisch lived in Hawaii for about 10 years and ran a business here. Maybe he's full of aloha and love for the local people.
                      "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                      "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                      "
                      Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
                        I don't expect much from people who automatically vote Democrat either.
                        Good point, automatically voting by the party rather than by the candidate's qualifications can lead to some serious mistakes.

Here's about Obama's time in Hawaii:
                        "Obama was born in Hawaii in August 1961 and spent 14 of his first 18 years in the state. In 1967, he and his mother moved to Indonesia. He returned to Hawaii to live with his grandparents in 1971, when he began attending the 5th grade at Punahou School in Honolulu. He lived on Oahu until he graduated from high school there in 1979."

Source: http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/...s/?partner=RSS
                        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

When you have virtually nothing but a two party system, with one wearing a black hat and the other wearing a grey hat, I think most can figure out where the 'mistakes' may lie.

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the link, Amati. That article points to another article by the Greeley Tribune. This seems to be the firecracker statement:

Lingle added that Obama spent only a few years in Hawaii during his high school years, and that his claim of Hawaii as one of his home states is disingenuous.
                            I'm not familiar with journalism. Why does a writer sometimes include a quote, and sometimes omits one?

Perhaps Lingle didn't word herself clearly, so the writer thought quoting her would confuse the reader? Perhaps the quote wasn't very tantalizing so he skipped it?
                            "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                            "

Comment

Well let me first say that I rather see Obama become prez instead of McCain. I can't stand McCain.

Secondly, if Lingle did say "home state", then I think she chose her words poorly.

What I'm guessing she was trying to say was: if Obama becomes president, he won't necessarily have Hawaii's best interests in mind.

Does any Hawaii politician have influence with Obama? I wonder how many politicians will kiss up to Obama's grandparents, in hopes they'll whisper in Obama's ears.

Is Hawaii important in terms of electorial votes? Is Hawaii important to the financial strength of the country? Maybe we control the country's strategic stockpile of Spam.
                              "

Comment

Working...
                              X