Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Entitlement vs Self Responsibility

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    Steps should be taken to correct and eliminate the abuse, whenever detected.
    It takes tax dollars to do that.

Oh, so one needs to hold a degree in the field in order to hold an opinion on an obvious problem. I see.
    No, but it does take someone who knows what the hell they are talking about.

So I trust that when you were spouting off and opposing any kind of govt. bailout for the meltdown on Wall Street, you spoke as someone who held an advanced degree in finance, accounting, or economics, right?
    I don't know how to say this, but since you force the issue, YES I DO have an advanced degree in finance, accounting, AND economics......plus I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night too. If you would like a copy of my Curriculum Vitae, send me a personal message.

If not, I have a proposition for you. Go back to college and earn of those aforementioned degrees. Then you can speak out as an authority on whether or not the govt. should be engaged in a bailout.
    Bwahahaha. snicker, snicker, snicker.

Matapule, this "you need a degree to understand the problem" argument is weak.
    I didn't say that, you did! You have a future FM, another speech writing spin doctor for the McShame campaign!

If one person starts using it to silence other people on this board, then others can throw that same argument back in your face on other topics. It is an unproductive way to engage in open-minded discussion on a public forum like this.
    Speak all you want FM. I love seeing you put your foot in your mouth! But hey, it happens to the best of us!

Facts? You want me to actually name the person on welfare who owns an Escalade? Obviously Matapule, you did not read the HT meta discussions here re: privacy for people who are not considered public figures. So in respecting this board's policy and in that person's privacy, I am not going to break those rules just to humor you.I'll just say this. I am not making it up. (I wish I were, because it bugs the hell out of me whenever I see this person at my job.) This person is on welfare, does not have a job, and owns an '08 Escalade. If you don't want to believe, whatevas.
    Okay, fair enough, just send me a PM.......I'm not going to hold my breath because you don't know of any person. It is a figment of your imagination.

But you're not going to come across as any credible voice on the matter of welfare if you're going to be in denial about the problem of welfare and public assistance abuse and the extent to which it exists.
    Well then why don't you enlighten all of us with your detailed research on welfare abuse with the sources to back it up.

Using your logic, then law enforcement should only go after the "bigger" thieves first. So should authorities neglect the complaints of older people who have been swindled out of their life savings, because there are other criminals who are still at-large after having stolen far largers sums in corporate embezzlement? Oh brother!
    More spinning. Are you related to Bull O'Really?

Here's what I think: fraud and abuse of govt. assistance should be combated at all levels, no matter how much money is involved in each instance. Each case should be investigated and prosecuted, as they are detected.
    Fine, report your friend with the Escalade to your social services department.

And of course, your particular brand of judgement is "good," while everyone else who sees things differently from you have "bad" judgement. Must be nice to live in a world where everybody and everything revolves around you.
    No, I only like to pick on you because you are so, so, SNL material.

The world doesn't revolve around me? Dang, I don't know how to break this to my DLW!

OOOOOPS! You drive an Escalade?
    Last edited by matapule; October 24, 2008, 12:37 PM.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
      No. But the mere fact that there IS a process, for dang near everything, is part of the problem.
      If you don't know what the process is, big or small, you, Tim, are just flapping your gums. You have no idea what you're talking about.

This is a very telling sentence. To believe that tax dollars are what put people to work is exactly wrong. So wrong. It is entreprenurial skill, and hard work, that puts more people to work. And when taxes are lower, employers can hire even more folks. And as a sidenote, minimum wage laws kill opportunity's for the least able among us.
      This just shows how out of touch with reality you are. To think that everyone is born with equal opportunities in terms of intelligence, ethnicity, family background, and a number of other factors, is completely contrary to the facts.

The "lower taxes to business will put people to work" is the Neo-Con (starting with Regan) economic plan. The Government has lowered taxes for business for the last 28 years, and what happened? Businesses shipped jobs overseas to China, Korea, Ireland, India. Tim, you are behind th times with your economic plan. This economic philosophy has proven to be a failure over a 28 year period. Tim, you are an economic Neo-Con Neanderthal. I'm librul (with a small "L").

Tim, I thought at one time I might have voted for you for whatever office you were running for. But the more you are vetted.......sorry Dude, I think you are a well meaning guy (and a candidate for rehabilitation), but I just could never vote for you......for any public office.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
        It takes tax dollars to do that.

No, but it does take someone who knows what the hell they are talking about.

I don't know how to say this, but since you force the issue, YES I DO have an advanced degree in finance, accounting, AND economics......plus I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night too. If you would like a copy of my Curriculum Vitae, send me a personal message.

Bwahahaha. snicker, snicker, snicker.

I didn't say that, you did! You have a future FM, another speech writing spin doctor for the McShame campaign!

Speak all you want FM. I love seeing you put your foot in your mouth! But hey, it happens to the best of us!

Okay, fair enough, just send me a PM.......I'm not going to hold my breath because you don't know of any person. It is a figment of your imagination.

Well then why don't you enlighten all of us with your detailed research on welfare abuse with the sources to back it up.

More spinning. Are you related to Bull O'Really?

Fine, report your friend with the Escalade to your social services department.

No, I only like to pick on you because you are so, so, SNL material.

The world doesn't revolve around me? Dang, I don't know how to break this to my DLW!

OOOOOPS! You drive an Escalade?
        Plop!!!

Someone has fallen off the deep end.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Businesses shipped jobs overseas because of rising cost of labor in US associated with Union extortion. Not to mention an entire generation has spent the last 35 years creating one roadblock after another in terms of red tape.

You must admit, the last 28 years have been pretty darn good.

Equal opportunities in terms of ethnicity? Please, Mata, tell us which ethnicities are unequal by birth.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Plop!!!

Yeah, I noticed that too, about the time of post #21.
            Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
              Businesses shipped jobs overseas because of rising cost of labor in US associated with Union extortion. Not to mention an entire generation has spent the last 35 years creating one roadblock after another in terms of red tape.
              Let's see,....35 years......that would be 12 years of Democrat administration and 23 years of Republican administration. Do you see a pattern here Tim?

You must admit, the last 28 years have been pretty darn good.
              No Tim it hasn't. The government has been putting spending on the national debt (with the exception of 8 years under Clinton) that will be a debt on future generations. No, Tim, it HASNT been a good 28 years.

Equal opportunities in terms of ethnicity? Please, Mata, tell us which ethnicities are unequal by birth.
              Any ethnicity that is born into something different than the ethnicity that controls the local economy.

But you are spinning this away from the question of your personal responsibility to care for your extended ohana.

Comment

Plop!!!

Thank you for your erudite comment. Is that your best shot now? WIMP! snicker, snicker.

Comment

It's a good place to be; I like it here, too - much preferable to the shallow nature of some others...

Comment

Working...
                  X