Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lingle Snubs Obama, Again!

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    Personally, I think she's just embarassed to face Obama after what she has said about him.
    difficult to digest that someone with the likes of Linda Lingle in her position to stoop that low......than again for most politicians - when you are at that height of so called with all that - oh never mind - it'll just leave a bad taste in your mouth ........and with most politicians.....nearing the end of your term you become in-coherent to what is around leaving you alone to figure out what is next......i only wonder how many more people she will before she leaves office........what becomes to most of her adminstration someone honestly tell me aside from a couple handfull of her administration are truly loyal to her when she leaves office. i am almost sure she has done great things for hawaii. who am i the least to confine myself with judgments at how an individual should or should not behave...what is right or what is wrong. putting aside her absence at the governor's meeting. she's still a poo-poo head in my eyes

and as for that sarah palinimal she's better off at home teaching her children the ins and outs at not to become more like her ghastly i still think she should be at home on her back waiting for her husband *oops*
    Last edited by Seeking Penance; November 29, 2008, 11:16 PM. Reason: just cause
    stay forever young

Comment

Considering the number of people/organizations she will be meeting with all of next week. That's a quite a few more people that won't be seeing Governor Lingle if she did go to this event. Now granted President Elect Obama is more important than everyone else she had on her agenda of seeing, but tell that to those who felt they were important enough to warrant the Governor of Hawaii to meet with them.

If I had to choose between going to my company's Christmas party where the big boss will be shaking hands, or going to my son's Christmas play...I say stay home and take care of your constituents.

Gay and Lesbian Republican convention? I think that was a pretty low blow to the many Homosexuals out there who I think are primarily Democrat.

Her name is Governor Linda Lingle, name calling should be limited to those too young to understand that teasing has no place in a civilized world. She couldn't make it but man look at all the presumptions that were made prior to princessdiz's posting of Lingle's schedule for next week, some outright demeaning to fellow human beings.

I think Lingle is doing the right thing by sticking to her schedule of appointments that I believe have a lot of importance here at home, to a lot of people who feel their meetings with Lingle is important to them.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
        Considering the number of people/organizations she will be meeting with all of next week. That's a quite a few more people that won't be seeing Governor Lingle if she did go to this event. Now granted President Elect Obama is more important than everyone else she had on her agenda of seeing, but tell that to those who felt they were important enough to warrant the Governor of Hawaii to meet with them.
        fair enough

If I had to choose between going to my company's Christmas party where the big boss will be shaking hands, or going to my son's Christmas play...I say stay home and take care of your constituents.
        fair enough

Gay and Lesbian Republican convention? I think that was a pretty low blow to the many Homosexuals out there who I think are primarily Democrat.
        *chuckles*

Her name is Governor Linda Lingle, name calling should be limited to those too young to understand that teasing has no place in a civilized world.
        granted it was over the top....my apology...but it was not in anyway name calling....it stated....attending....no name calling

She couldn't make it but man look at all the presumptions that were made prior to princessdiz's posting of Lingle's schedule for next week, some outright demeaning to fellow human beings. I think Lingle is doing the right thing by sticking to her schedule of appointments that I believe have a lot of importance here at home, to a lot of people who feel their meetings with Lingle is important to them.
        as oppose to other governors' with their list of schedule's for next week.......put aside to attend the governor's meeting?
        stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
          granted it was over the top....my apology...but it was not in anyway name calling....it stated....attending....no name calling

as oppose to other governors' with their list of schedule's for next week.......put aside to attend the governor's meeting?

The name calling was aimed at others who believe that a person's given name isn't good enough to address them so they have to result to name calling to exact their point. Sorry that one wasn't meant for you.

I can't defend the other governors, only the one that's important to me and the rest of the state of Hawaii. Heck maybe the other 40 governors really felt Obama was more important than their work back home.

Yes I have a bone to pick with those who tease others by their name-calling. It's immature and totally unneccessary, and that goes for Rush Limbaugh as well.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Yes I have a bone to pick with those who tease others by their name-calling. It's immature and totally unneccessary, and that goes for Rush Limbaugh as well.
            duly noted and duly respected
            stay forever young

Comment

Check out the organization known as the Log Cabin Republicans - a gay and lesbian G.O.P. organization, gaining in influence each election. Homosexuals don't have a "natural" political affiliation.

Comment

Her name is Governor Linda Lingle, name calling should be limited to those too young to understand that teasing has no place in a civilized world. She couldn't make it but man look at all the presumptions that were made prior to princessdiz's posting of Lingle's schedule for next week, some outright demeaning to fellow human beings.
                You're certainly entitled to your viewpoint, which gives Lingle the full benefit of the doubt that her absence from the governor's conference is not a manifestation of a "dog in the manger" attitude.

Of course, it was only just a few days ago that you didn't do the same for Barack Obama, making a cynical comment about his "good deed" helping out a woman in a Miami airport 20 years ago.

Your partisan stripes are showing.

Been talking with folks at my company the last couple of days. I was surprised. Even those who don't normally care much for politics all have comments to say about this little brouhaha. And not a single one of them had any kind things to say about our governor. Even a couple of guys I know who voted and campaigned for Lingle were really disappointed with her.

Lingle can say whatever she wants. But there's little doubt that this was a bad P.R. misstep.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                  Check out the organization known as the Log Cabin Republicans - a gay and lesbian G.O.P. organization, gaining in influence each election. Homosexuals don't have a "natural" political affiliation.
                  No, they most certainly don't.

I think Democrats have gotten the reputation as being the political party favored by gays because most members are more open-minded about same sex marriage. There's also Massachusetts Rep. Barney Frank, who was the first openly gay member of Congress.

Say what you will about gay marriages and an openly homosexual Democratic congressman. At least the Democrats are more liberal and accepting of alternative lifestyles, unlike closet gay Republicans who feel pressured to lead double lives and resort to furtive behavior. They are out there, folks. And when they are "outed," the results can sometimes be ugly.

Exhibit A: Sen. Larry Craig, arrested for lewd conduct in a men's airport restroom.

Exhibit B: Rep. Mark Foley, resigned in disgrace for sending sexually explicit e-mails to underage male Congressional pages.
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I need to stay here where I`m needed because of our economy, so I won`t be attending the Gov. convention. OH REALLY!!!!! But it was okay to move your okole back and forth during the election process.YEAH RIGHT... You did good as a Mayor for Maui County, I figured you`d do even better as Gov. of Hawaii, boy was I wrong. Thanks for nothin Linda.Sorry I made a bad decision on this Gov..........
                    bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Glad she skipped those ridiculous Gov's Ass. and concentrate on Hawaii's state affair.

So what he's the US Prez? He should come back to Hawaii and talk to Lingle on how he can help our state (instead of Illinois), eat Spam Musubi, and make Kalua Pork and Poi his daughters' favorite food.
                      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Like she has or will be putting serious focus on getting anything right, here at home. She's just another 2 term do nothing Gov., whom in this case is putting her efforts towards furthering her extremely biased political career elsewheres and never to think of Hawaii again.

The sooner she's gone the better. I hear her main squeeze Bush is looking for a boot licker in Crawford...
                        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

As the Governor, Lingle has to have previously had a heads up that Hawaii's only land line phone company was going to file bankruptcy today. The potential of our phone company going under demands her attention. What would happen if the phones stopped working like Aloha stopped flying. [Or, as happened with another PUC, think about Molokai Ranch's recent threat to stop supplying water.]

Perhaps she stayed put in order to oversee this problem headed towards Hawaii residents and businesses.

[See HT's thread: Hawaiian Tel declares for bankruptcy]
                          Last edited by helen; December 1, 2008, 10:36 AM. Reason: adding the URL to this post
                          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                            As the Governor, Lingle has to have previously had a heads up that Hawaii's only land line phone company was going to file bankruptcy today. The potential of our phone company going under demands her attention. What would happen if the phones stopped working like Aloha stopped flying. [Or, as happened with another PUC, think about Molokai Ranch's recent threat to stop supplying water.]

Perhaps she stayed put in order to oversee this problem headed towards Hawaii residents and businesses.

[See HT's thread: Hawaiian Tel declares for bankruptcy]
                            Does her staying in Hawaii make a difference regarding this news? Honestly. I'm asking this question w/o facetiousness.
                            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                              Does her staying in Hawaii make a difference regarding this news? Honestly. I'm asking this question w/o facetiousness.
                              I'd be willing to bet that at least one of those "must keep" meetings are related to this problem. What is going on behind closed doors we'll never know, but I'm sure our Hawaii government has its hand in this major PUC matter.

Mind you, I'm not saying that she does not have the option to travel and still be involved in home matters by utilizing some high-tech equipment [except a land phone might be iffy about now, ha], if she chose to do business that way, but her preferences might be that "in person" keeps better control.
                              Last edited by Amati; December 1, 2008, 10:55 AM.
                              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                                I'd be willing to bet that at least one of those "must keep" meetings are related to this problem. What is going on behind closed doors we'll never know, but I'm sure our Hawaii government has its hand in this major PUC matter.
                                Oh, pleez. By now all of us have read Lingle’s detailed agenda for the next week, and the PUC isn’t on it. I would have been happy if Lingle had even paid more than lip-service to what has been going on at the PUC since she was first elected, but clearly, that hasn’t been the case.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                                USA TODAY, page 2A
                                11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                                X