Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Foot patrols returning to Chinatown & Waikiki

Originally posted by kimo55
    If Benny's was around in the early 70's I prolly hit it a few times.
    Would cut shcool and hang in chinatwon often... shoot pool at da pillapheeno pool halls cruise around da pawn shops and second hand stores... You could pick up ww2 stuff sooo cheap then. and occupied japan 'antiques' for the proberbial "pennies on the nowadays dollar".
    My first resturant was in the corner of Hotel and River Streets. right next to the Cebu Pool Hall.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
      My first resturant was in the corner of Hotel and River Streets. right next to the Cebu Pool Hall.

one o my pool halls! Think i got a peecha if it here somewhere...

(aaah... one o da finer pleasures in life; waking up with kona coffee, reminiscing about (not too) old Hawaii... )

Comment

one o my pool halls! Think i got a peecha if it here somewhere...

(aaah... one o da finer pleasures in life; waking up with kona coffee, reminiscing about (not too) old Hawaii... )
        oohhh the memories...did you play cards in the back too? I have pictures as well and the good old days can't be beaten. Ahh, we must go forward and not live in the past. I did for many years and look what it got me...nothing!

I'm gonna make me a Cappaucino con Agaricus and find dem pictures!

Oh! Remember Molly's, and the old bars? Fights all over the street some shootings too. Those were the days of what you call GANGS! Made me what I am and more!hahahahaha

Comment

oohhh the memories...did you play cards in the back too?

no, neavh wen play cards. only shoot.

I have pictures as well and the good old days can't be beaten.

share um!
          please.

Oh! Remember Molly's, and the old bars?

remember the glades and dat area?
          rep was; straight sex makai side o da street, mahu kine, mauka side, in that block or two...

Comment

oohhh the memories...did you play cards in the back too?

no, neavh wen play cards. only shoot.

I have pictures as well and the good old days can't be beaten.

share um!
            please.

Oh! Remember Molly's, and the old bars?

remember the glades and dat area?
            rep was; straight sex makai side o da street, mahu kine, mauka side, in that block or two...
            As soon as I learn how to use this scanner again, I will.

yeah, Glades was one place to go for drinking. Good fun to watch the sailor boys ging for dates only to see them running wen dey found out.

Dat time I was only 19 yrs. old, mahalo for making me think of dem days.

Comment

This is HOT! There is a raid in progress at Moe's Pawn shop in Chinatown. HPD is taking things serious, finally! I for one never suspected Moe's of any wrong doing. Been in business many years. Use to be on River Street back in the 80's. Hmmm...can't wait to find out the goodies.

Yep, slowly but surely things are coming to an end. In this case the drugs and illegal activities in My Chinatown! Mahalo HPD, esp. to Officer D. Sellers and crew.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Wonder when they'll get around to "the gamblers"?

(Biggest fence in town.)

Comment

Originally posted by Albert

(Biggest fence in town.)
                  Soon Albert, very SOON!

hmmmm....didn't know they were the biggest fence in town. I thought Uncle Marv's was. Well, all the crooks will eventually get busted. I always wonder why Mel Video never get shut down for good too. Everyone knows nobody goes in there except to smoke dope.

Comment

I went to pick up lunch in Chinatown. The same thing going on. Less in the open. Maybe, due to the video camera's? I doubt it. Probably cause most of the dealers are still sleeping in the Vietnamese Coffee Shops that are fronts for illegal gambling and drugs.

The new sidewalks looks even dirtier from my last visit. What a shame. The smell is even worse too. Yet, people like me still go to eat at the resturants there...because we simply enjoy the food and the atmosphere? hahahahaha

As I turned on Pauahi Street towards River Street, I see an old familiar motor scooter and an individual riding it. Yes, it is the ever elusive no legs drug dealer that HPD and the FBI arrested. So much for the system working. He's back dealing and doing his thing. Wasn't there an article in the Midweek about a new DEA boss thats supposed to be making changes and making our streets safer? Yeah, right!

How can Chinatown get any better when the authorities themselves can't even investigate their own who are involved with some of the illegal activities that are being done? Relatives of strong arming or protection for the gambling houses? The list can go on and on.

I'm home now. Had my lunch. Writing here and pist as ever. They're still looking for volunteers to watch the video cameras in Chinatown. For what...obviously, nothing is or will be done. Chinatown is not Chinatown anymore. It's Vietnamese Funky Town!

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule

Comment

Originally posted by Albert

(Biggest fence in town.)
                      Hey Albert, Looks like the Gamblers gonna have one of their favorite places shut down for good in Chinatown! Yep, owner(s) wants them out. They pay a whopping $7,000 per month for rent. They spent fixing up the place to their specifications at a tone of $100,000! The rent and amount they spent was a dime in the bucket for what they are making.

Maybe, they got a lead that they're gonna be busted too. Whatever case it may be...Crime does not pay! Theres still hope for a new and better Chinatown!...the saga continues!

This is Aunty Lynn of CHINATOWN, reporting only @ Hawaiithreads.com

Comment

last week i went chinatown by smith and pauahi to go buy pho fo my wife at Hong Cafe and had dis guy asking peepz walking by wat dey need. dey no ask me, dey tink i vice das why.... miami vice... oops sorry i went into my miami vice mode. lol

yah hard fo walk downtime wen get dis kine atmosphere. u dunno wat can happen.... i jus like go get my char siu, roast pork and duck in peace!!
                        dey try mob me i goin kill fo mah kaukau!!
                        Reggie aka pinakboy
                        Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                        Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                        Recipe Tube TV!
                        Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Originally posted by pinakboy
                          last week i went chinatown by smith and pauahi to go buy pho fo my wife at Hong Cafe and had dis guy asking peepz walking by wat dey need. dey no ask me, dey tink i vice das why.... miami vice... oops sorry i went into my miami vice mode. lol

yah hard fo walk downtime wen get dis kine atmosphere. u dunno wat can happen.... i jus like go get my char siu, roast pork and duck in peace!!
                          dey try mob me i goin kill fo mah kaukau!!
                          Pinakboy, Anytime you go Chinatown...no need act Miami Vice lil' dat. Just tell um' you know Auntie Lynn of Chinatown (Benny's). Garrans dey going run! I serious. The next scheduled Night Tour for Chinatown is First Friday in August...see the reality and the beyond through the eyes of Auntie Pupule! Fee: FREE Community Service!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Hahahaha! I think going on a nighttime tour of Chinatown with the famous (and infamous) Auntie Lynn would be a hoot! Too bad I live so far away...maybe next time I come holoholo to Hawaii I going plan to be in Honolulu on the first Friday of the month so I can see Auntie Lynn in action. Guarans would be better than watching COPS on TV!

Miulang
                            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                              Hahahaha! I think going on a nighttime tour of Chinatown with the famous (and infamous) Auntie Lynn would be a hoot! Too bad I live so far away...maybe next time I come holoholo to Hawaii I going plan to be in Honolulu on the first Friday of the month so I can see Auntie Lynn in action. Guarans would be better than watching COPS on TV!

Miulang
                              Or...Dog the Bounty Hunter! I da real thing and one TITA at that! Hmmm...reality t.v. at it's best? Dey neva see me in action yet! I make the others look like kindergarten.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

So what's the scoops then on that kid who got mobbed outside Club Pauahi? Bouncer tried to stop it and everything, but the guy got stabbed to death.

Drugs? Gambling? Gangs?

Comment

Working...
                                X