Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once again Hawaii's wimpy medical cannabis law is under attack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again Hawaii's wimpy medical cannabis law is under attack!

When will the madness ever stop? Now they want to change the language & requirement for a reccomendation!? Once again Hawaii's politicans are going backwards instead of forwards?

I have a question. Why is Hawaii moving backwards with our medical cannabis laws instead of forward? 8 states will vote this year for full on legalization, even Nebraska!?!? I tell you what, if this democratic controlled senate & house cannot move medical cannabis laws forward. I think it will be time to purge both hose & senate of these cowards who fail to hear the voice of the people of Hawaii. Instead they listen to law enforcement dictate to them. Which brings me to my next question. Since when does a police chief know more than doctors?

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/...dical-pot.html

Re: Once again Hawaii's wimpy medical cannabis law is under attack!

It seems even the Abercrombie admin. isn't willing to merely move on just industrial hemp, a non-drug that is stigmatized by it's cousin, both of which were eliminated as part of the 1920's era scam to hook us on oil. It's all bogus and controlled by forces beyond immediate access. During his campaigning I asked Neil directly about our need for hemp and he emphatically pronounced "I'm on it! I've got two shirts made of it!". Yet he's been silent since.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

There is a very informative film on this topic called
      "Hemp for Victory".
      Go to www.archive.org and the film is there.
      It is a film encouraging farmers to grow cannabis so as to make
      canvas and rope for the sailors.
      In the early days when England ruled the colonies it was a fineable
      infraction to not grow crops for
      the benefit of the british navy.
      Last edited by lensperson; February 15, 2012, 11:03 PM. Reason: semantics

Comment

Don't waste your time thinking about it. Federal prosecutors have shut down the dispensaries in San Diego county, I don't think there is a single one left open here, and they are moving on to LA county. The wishes of the patients are irrelevant. There experiences are merely anecdotal.
        Last edited by Kalalau; February 16, 2012, 02:58 AM. Reason: brevity

Comment

How could I possibly have said "there experiences" instead of "their..." apologies all around. ooooops

Comment

Originally posted by lensperson View Post
            It is a film encouraging farmers to grow cannabis so as to make canvas and rope for the sailors.
            Prior to the '20s scam hemp was so important to the country there was a century old Govt. mandate that farmers had to provide 20% of their annual yield to hemp or pay the monetary equivalent.
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Medicines are important to citizens with illness.

The Federal Government is denying citizens access to medicines that are helpful for chronic pain (which I have) and other ailments. Why?

MJ is NOT a gateway drug any more than tobacco and alcohol. That has been proven in college laboratories. There is no LOGICAL reason for supression.

What is the motivation? Eroded and stagnant minds? Who, no WHO is the government??? the people or the stuffed shirts?

HOW do we mobilize????
              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
              ~ ~
              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Beachboy View Post
                8 states will vote this year for full on legalization,
                Pipe dream. As long as the feds say it's illegal, it's illegal. You have to change the laws at the Federal level.

As for mobilization, I suggest you look for campaigns that have been successful and see what you can learn from them.

Comment

GG is correct.The laws must change at a Federal level or these
                  state level decisions will be challenged in court.
                  There are probably a few old judges that read about this
                  and just wish they had one nice puff.

Comment

Working...
                  X