Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disgraced Politician Goes to the Dogs

What on earth is up with Melodie Aduja?

After running a dirty campaign, getting called out for mismanaging funds and exploiting clients in drug rehabilitation houses owned by her family, and getting her law license suspended, I'd think keeping a low profile would be a good strategy.

But, apparently, the law ban doesn't take effect until the end of the month. So, she's frantically trying to launch herself back into the public eye while she still can, seeking out the reporters and TV cameras in a child and dog welfare case in Kahaluu.

By the way, doesn't this segment make it sound like they're more worried about the dogs than they are about the kids?

Okay, maybe it's not self-serving, opportunist grandstanding. Maybe she just wants to show off her new dye job! The local press, of course, is just playing into her game and giving her all the attention she wants.

Re: Disgraced Politician Goes to the Dogs

She dyed her hair blonde from the original black.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
      She dyed her hair blonde from the original black.
      Yep, and looks STUPID!
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Blonde hair on Asian people just looks wrong. Your hair, or your eyes, shouldn't be lighter color than your skin. I know, it's just a personal prejudice of mine - blond haole people with deep tans and blue eyes give me a similar feeling.

Comment

Could there be a lower life form than Aduja? What a waste of skin. I can't believe the media are giving this pathetic attention whore any airtime. I loved the way they phrased it on the news: she and the defendant are demanding the dogs be given back. I don't think either of them are in the position to demand bupkes.

What a piece of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
            What on earth is up with Melodie Aduja?
            Thanks for posting exactly what I've been wondering!
            I guess this was the only client she could get, or perhaps they were friends of hers.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I like Melodie Aduja. What a cutie. Of course, that candidate she beat two years ago was quite the cutie, too.

I had my back turned to the television when this story was on, so I didn't see the new hair--only heard the voice (which, too, is cute).

I gave her the benefit of the doubt at first--I mean, who doesn't know someone who was messed up by a drug-addicted spouse? Plus, she has an office in the heart of Kalihi, right in the middle of people a lot of lawyers avoid, and that scores points with me. Still, that doesn't explain some of her other actions, especially recently. I hope she finds something meaningful to do in the meantime.
              Last edited by scrivener; February 10, 2005, 08:31 AM.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                I like Melodie Aduja. What a cutie. Of course, that candidate she beat two years ago was quite the cutie, too.

I had my back turned to the television when this story was on, so I didn't see the new hair--only heard the voice (which, too, is cute).

I gave her the benefit of the doubt at first--I mean, who doesn't know someone who was messed up by a drug-addicted spouse? Plus, she has an office in the heart of Kalihi, right in the middle of people a lot of lawyers avoid, and that scores points with me. Still, that doesn't explain some of her other actions, especially recently. I hope she finds something meaningful to do in the meantime.
                Mahalo for giving me my first laugh of the day!heheheheheheheheheheheheheh

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                  Full disclosure: I built that cutie's website. (Most of it's offline now, though.) She's a friend of mine. Far too nice a person, I thought, to be in politics, anyway. She still works at the Capitol.

Anyway, back then, the only rumblings about Aduja out there were related to the halfway house recruiting. I suppose we should be glad that someone's awake at the Campaign Spending Commission to catch funny business when it comes to money and math...

I gotta say, it's a good think cuteness isn't a prerequisite for public service. Hee! Though, seriously, we've got a few great people doing real work at the Capitol that definitely didn't get there on their looks...

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                    Hee! Though, seriously, we've got a few great people doing real work at the Capitol that definitely didn't get there on their looks...
                    Yep, their good looking, intellegent, and the one's who are really doing all the work. The politicians (cough,cough) dress up and act like their doing something! Wow! everybody's talking story today, wat's up with dat? NAH?

Comment

Working...
                    X