Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mandantory Drug Testing For State And City Workers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandantory Drug Testing For State And City Workers!

Yesterday's arrest of an Kailua High School's custodian pisst me off even more. She didn't have to be check for drug use because, get this...she's a member of a union! So what? Anybody working in Govt. or anywhere for that matter should be tested for DRUGS! I could just imagine if a bus driver was high as a kite, or teacher floating on some med's, etc. Com'on let's get serious people...where's the fight and ummph to fight back for what we have left in the Aina?

"Time is on our side, yes it is..." NOT ON THIS ISSUE! (Had to put dat in)
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Mandantory Drug Testing For State And City Workers!

Okay, what the heck is going on here. Ceilings caving in. Fights breaking out. In addition to the passed-out crack addict, on the news tonight was a little kerfuffle over prisoners being used to do work on school campuses while classes are in session...

I love that the principal, part of the educational system and presumably someone who should be equally disgusted, said it was an "isolated incident." Yeah, well, they're all isolated incidents. How many do you need before declaring a problem?

This flap at least calls attention to the difference between DOE policy and UPW policy, which you'd think would be more closely aligned since members of both groups have close contact with children... Instead of trying to get the UPW to do drug testing - which, of course, they'll neverdo - the DOE and state merely needs to make drug testing a requirement to work at a public school.

If you want a job on a campus, you've got to be clean. Drug-addicted UPW members will just have to... oh, I don't know, drive tractor-trailers and operate heavy machinery or something. Heh.

Comment

Re: Mandantory Drug Testing For State And City Workers!

Originally posted by pzarquon
      Okay, what the heck is going on here. Ceilings caving in. Fights breaking out. In addition to the passed-out crack addict, on the news tonight was a little kerfuffle over prisoners being used to do work on school campuses while classes are in session...

I love that the principal, part of the educational system and presumably someone who should be equally disgusted, said it was an "isolated incident." Yeah, well, they're all isolated incidents. How many do you need before declaring a problem?

This flap at least calls attention to the difference between DOE policy and UPW policy, which you'd think would be more closely aligned since members of both groups have close contact with children... Instead of trying to get the UPW to do drug testing - which, of course, they'll neverdo - the DOE and state merely needs to make drug testing a requirement to work at a public school.

If you want a job on a campus, you've got to be clean. Drug-addicted UPW members will just have to... oh, I don't know, drive tractor-trailers and operate heavy machinery or something. Heh.
      I saw the news about the convicts working at the school too. Lame duck excuses...what would have happened, if there was a sexual predator waiting for the right chance?

I agree that the DOE and state should check when anyone wants a job. Then randomly check employees. I've suspected Drug Use as a BIG PROBLEM with employess where I live.

With all the problems the used to be Heads of UPW already have...nah, I better not go there. Getting back to the thread, Mandatory Drug Test Evryone! I know...check hawaiistories.com/lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
      X