X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Ten Commandments...

Originally posted by kimo55
    My Lemurian god is an awesome dog.
    But Kimo, a lemur is a primate, not a dog!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
      Or him. Or her, for that matter.

Recently I was at a thoroughlyunforgetable, colorful restaurant in Wahiawa where Jesus and god were the predominant decorative themes. The only catch was, all the icons depicted were black, and women.
      Perfect!

The islander's answer to the mainland "tiki restaurant" theme, I suppose!

Comment

This isn't quite on-topic, but it's close enough. I found a hilarious Christian parody of the old Sir Mix A Lot rap tune, "Baby Got Back".

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
          {snark}

Moses was an American?

{/snark}

Seriously, I don't see how the 10 Commandments are part of American history. Palestinian, yes, by virtue of geography. Israel, by virtue of the Torah (I suppose). American?
          it's part of our history bcoz we're all humans, created by God (or a Supreme Being)... and we share the same history as our other fellow humans have.... it all boils down to one thing... whether it's Islam, Christianity, Taoism --they are pointing to one direction,,, to know the Truth,, to seek the Truth,,, whether you are an atheist or a deist,,, i believe you have some kind of beliefs to lead you to a harmonious and peaceful life.....

History = His Story (God's story still being played in our lives whether we accept it or not)... by now, believing or not believing to the 10 commandments it has been written in History/His Story that there would be characters like us who will play on both sides.......................... but we still have the free will to decide which roles for us to play coz He loves us =)
          AMERICA VOTES 2008: VOTE FOR JJK & KUCINICH!

http://www.freewebs.com/vote4dreamteam
          Mahalo!

Comment

Amen To Dat!
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister

Seriously, I don't see how the 10 Commandments are part of American history.
              Then you don't know that most (almost all) of the original European immigrants that became what we call our founding fathers were Christian.

But that is fact.
              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
                Then you don't know that most (almost all) of the original European immigrants that became what we call our founding fathers were Christian.
                If you're going to get this thread active again, then please go back and read it from the beginning. In the second post, Scrivener already outlined the dangers of using this simplified argument.

Comment

Working...
                X