Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Methamphetamine

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
    It's called a paradoxical reaction. It frequently occurs in people who have ADHD, which is why amphetamines such as dexedrine are often used to treat the disease. Speed slows these folks down.
    Would this hold true for those people that drink coffee or caffeinated teas at night?

I could never understand why someone would drink coffee before bedtime when so many people drink it too "wake up and get going in the morning"?

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
      It's called a paradoxical reaction. It frequently occurs in people who have ADHD, which is why amphetamines such as dexedrine are often used to treat the disease. Speed slows these folks down.

Yuppers, when I was three the doc gave my mom nimbutal to slow me down 'cause I wouldn't sleep...ended up making me stay awake for three days straight.

I also have Ehlers-Danlos type III...so chemicals n drugs tend to act oddly anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
        Would this hold true for those people that drink coffee or caffeinated teas at night?

I could never understand why someone would drink coffee before bedtime when so many people drink it too "wake up and get going in the morning"?
        Yes, caffine is a sleepy time beverage for alot of ADD/ADHD folks.

Comment

Wow, Pesh....never saw that last link before. What a wealth of statistics.

I've never seen so many exceptional, numerical arguments AGAINST the War on Drugs before. 1stWahine needs to check that out.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
            Wow, Pesh....never saw that last link before. What a wealth of statistics.

I've never seen so many exceptional, numerical arguments AGAINST the War on Drugs before. 1stWahine needs to check that out.
            I read EVERYTHING. Illegal Activities and Drugs is destroying our Country.

Good Night

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
              In case you forgot...Alcohol is Legal. Ice, Cocaine, Pot, and whateva Illegal Drugs are not. Yeah, I still get drunk off my okole many a times when "I" choose to. That's the difference.
              Any drug whether Legal or not when taken in large quantities will cause damage. Alcohol does the same. Again, I stress it is LEGAL!!!!!
              "In this country, alcohol is hardly ever seen as a drug problem. Instead, we think of it as more of a driving problem." ~ George Carlin ~

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                "In this country, alcohol is hardly ever seen as a drug problem. Instead, we think of it as more of a driving problem." ~ George Carlin ~
                heheheh.

Short and True story.

On one of my many nights visiting the Chinatown Police Sub-Station drunk on my beautiful arse. One of the new recruits (Former UH QB Freitas) cockily told me if I was driving home. The station was full with Officers. The place went dead quiet. The Sargent in charge looked away as well as the LT.

"I may be drunk as a skunk but I ain't no fool...I don't drink and drive. I ride The Bus!"

Den I asked my New Recruit question to him. hahahaha

He's no longer a newbie but a well seasoned officer in Blue.

Back on topic. Methamphetamine. Have you ever seen users tweeking on Meth? They got ukapila projects but never complete a single one. Always busy doing something but never finishing what they set out to do. I know a woman who change clothes every hour and no bathe. I know a man who fix bikes that no work. A another man whose a carpenter who builds and adds without a plan. The Life of a Meth user is Fast and Lonesome. It destroys not only their life but the lives of those who loves them.

I lost my Love because of METH.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

http://starbulletin.com/2006/12/13/e...itorial01.html

Prepare to combat crystal meth surge from Asia

"TIGHTENED control of a chemical used to make methamphetamine and increased oversight of the chemical's distribution in Mexico has contributed to a surge of activity in Asia. Law enforcement agencies need to prepare for a new injection of meth into Hawaii.

A task force created early this year to coordinate county, state and federal efforts to fight illicit drugs has been effective, but the task might grow with the possible influx of meth or its ingredients brought into the state.

U.S. Attorney Ed Kubo estimates that 30,000 Hawaii residents are meth users. The amount of ice seized by authorities in Hawaii peaked in 2004 and declined dramatically this year, but that trend should not lead to complacency."

The Horrors never seem to END!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Social taboos lead to legal & illegal industry profit. Im with tiki Legalize it...and it will lower the cost..and lower drug related crime. Think about it...ice is readily available where ever you go....what good do "laws" do? Ice heads could care less about the "law". The more strain the DEA/Cops put on the meth industry..the higher ice prices will be which = MORE CRIME. Efforts should be put into rehabilitation centers...NOT helicopeters flying over pakalolo patches. Also REAL efforts should be put in drug pervention.

Why do peope turn to drugs?

Comment

Flavored? Totally new!
                      http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...814#post145814

The effects are still the same. Destructive.

REHABILITATION is not easy.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Auntie Lynn, that is such a strong word, destructive, in so many cases, and this is one case where it is to the point. I have lost close friends(not to death, just lost)due to substance abuse. Meth IS one of the TOP life killers of all drugs. Such a shame to watch those that fall under it's vice, knowing there is nothing you can do...and I tried everything short of beating the ever living p*** out of a couple of friends, but to still see them hit rock bottom. Ironic to say, but a very sobering experience.
                        flickr

An email from God:
                        To: People of Earth
                        Date: 9/04/2007
                        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                        God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                          Auntie Lynn, that is such a strong word, destructive, in so many cases, and this is one case where it is to the point. I have lost close friends(not to death, just lost)due to substance abuse. Meth IS one of the TOP life killers of all drugs. Such a shame to watch those that fall under it's vice, knowing there is nothing you can do...and I tried everything short of beating the ever living p*** out of a couple of friends, but to still see them hit rock bottom. Ironic to say, but a very sobering experience.
                          TATTRAT, I used DESTRUCTIVE because I've seen, heard and lived the effects of what Illegal Drugs can do. Especially, Meth. I've seen the horrors of how it's poison can destroy one's body slowly but surely. How the teeth of a person can decay, the mouth hauna to talk story to.

I've been to funerals of Drug Addicts whose families are left behind and blame themselves. I've been to funerals of those who committed suicides because of their demons due to Meth. Then there were those who were murdered on the streets because of Drugs.

Meth is a Killer. All Illegal Drugs are Killers but Meth is the #1 in the Nation today. We must continue to educate. For those who are still in it's grips and struggling there is hope.

Island Recovery Centers, Kailua, Honolulu, O'ahu, Hawai'i
                          http://www.islandrecoverycenters.com/

Auntie Lynn

Comment

I know, I agreed with you. I have seen the DESTRUCTIVE powers of Ice as well.
                            flickr

An email from God:
                            To: People of Earth
                            Date: 9/04/2007
                            Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                            God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                              I know, I agreed with you.
                              I know too...I lost someone close to me who is still alive.

It's a touchy subject.

(((Hugs)))

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Meth has no place in civilized society. I knew a bargirl that got hooked on it, she lost her child, lost her home, bounces from one house to the next since she has permanent mental disorders from the drug and people get sick of her real fast. She's off it now and very religious, but the brain damage can not be erased, very sad.

Some people state that the meth "scene" is as bad if not worse than the heroin "scene". Definately nothing to play around with.

Comment

Working...
                                X