X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PoiBoy
    replied
    Re: Methamphetamine

Social taboos lead to legal & illegal industry profit. Im with tiki Legalize it...and it will lower the cost..and lower drug related crime. Think about it...ice is readily available where ever you go....what good do "laws" do? Ice heads could care less about the "law". The more strain the DEA/Cops put on the meth industry..the higher ice prices will be which = MORE CRIME. Efforts should be put into rehabilitation centers...NOT helicopeters flying over pakalolo patches. Also REAL efforts should be put in drug pervention.

Why do peope turn to drugs?

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

http://starbulletin.com/2006/12/13/e...itorial01.html

Prepare to combat crystal meth surge from Asia

"TIGHTENED control of a chemical used to make methamphetamine and increased oversight of the chemical's distribution in Mexico has contributed to a surge of activity in Asia. Law enforcement agencies need to prepare for a new injection of meth into Hawaii.

A task force created early this year to coordinate county, state and federal efforts to fight illicit drugs has been effective, but the task might grow with the possible influx of meth or its ingredients brought into the state.

U.S. Attorney Ed Kubo estimates that 30,000 Hawaii residents are meth users. The amount of ice seized by authorities in Hawaii peaked in 2004 and declined dramatically this year, but that trend should not lead to complacency."

The Horrors never seem to END!

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    "In this country, alcohol is hardly ever seen as a drug problem. Instead, we think of it as more of a driving problem." ~ George Carlin ~
    heheheh.

Short and True story.

On one of my many nights visiting the Chinatown Police Sub-Station drunk on my beautiful arse. One of the new recruits (Former UH QB Freitas) cockily told me if I was driving home. The station was full with Officers. The place went dead quiet. The Sargent in charge looked away as well as the LT.

"I may be drunk as a skunk but I ain't no fool...I don't drink and drive. I ride The Bus!"

Den I asked my New Recruit question to him. hahahaha

He's no longer a newbie but a well seasoned officer in Blue.

Back on topic. Methamphetamine. Have you ever seen users tweeking on Meth? They got ukapila projects but never complete a single one. Always busy doing something but never finishing what they set out to do. I know a woman who change clothes every hour and no bathe. I know a man who fix bikes that no work. A another man whose a carpenter who builds and adds without a plan. The Life of a Meth user is Fast and Lonesome. It destroys not only their life but the lives of those who loves them.

I lost my Love because of METH.

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
    In case you forgot...Alcohol is Legal. Ice, Cocaine, Pot, and whateva Illegal Drugs are not. Yeah, I still get drunk off my okole many a times when "I" choose to. That's the difference.
    Any drug whether Legal or not when taken in large quantities will cause damage. Alcohol does the same. Again, I stress it is LEGAL!!!!!
    "In this country, alcohol is hardly ever seen as a drug problem. Instead, we think of it as more of a driving problem." ~ George Carlin ~

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Originally posted by timkona View Post
    Wow, Pesh....never saw that last link before. What a wealth of statistics.

I've never seen so many exceptional, numerical arguments AGAINST the War on Drugs before. 1stWahine needs to check that out.
    I read EVERYTHING. Illegal Activities and Drugs is destroying our Country.

Good Night

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• timkona
    replied

Wow, Pesh....never saw that last link before. What a wealth of statistics.

I've never seen so many exceptional, numerical arguments AGAINST the War on Drugs before. 1stWahine needs to check that out.

Leave a comment:

• Peshkwe
    replied

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
    Would this hold true for those people that drink coffee or caffeinated teas at night?

I could never understand why someone would drink coffee before bedtime when so many people drink it too "wake up and get going in the morning"?
    Yes, caffine is a sleepy time beverage for alot of ADD/ADHD folks.

Leave a comment:

• Peshkwe
    replied

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
    It's called a paradoxical reaction. It frequently occurs in people who have ADHD, which is why amphetamines such as dexedrine are often used to treat the disease. Speed slows these folks down.

Yuppers, when I was three the doc gave my mom nimbutal to slow me down 'cause I wouldn't sleep...ended up making me stay awake for three days straight.

I also have Ehlers-Danlos type III...so chemicals n drugs tend to act oddly anyways.

Leave a comment:

• damontucker
    replied

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
    It's called a paradoxical reaction. It frequently occurs in people who have ADHD, which is why amphetamines such as dexedrine are often used to treat the disease. Speed slows these folks down.
    Would this hold true for those people that drink coffee or caffeinated teas at night?

I could never understand why someone would drink coffee before bedtime when so many people drink it too "wake up and get going in the morning"?

Leave a comment:

• damontucker
    replied

thanks Nurse from the windward side...

I now post to the You learn something new everyday....

I love HT... so many answers if you just put the right words out there...

Leave a comment:

• WindwardOahuRN
    replied

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
    No problems

Heh...believe it or not, speed makes me go to sleep.

Leave a comment:

• Peshkwe
    replied

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
    your joking aren't you!

I tried speed in High School and there was no way I would have been able to go to sleep!

Nope, not a bit. I would do crank if I wanted to sleep otherwise I'm pretty much an insomniac.

Leave a comment:

• damontucker
    replied

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
    No problems

your joking aren't you!

I tried speed in High School and there was no way I would have been able to go to sleep!

Leave a comment:

• Peshkwe
    replied

No problems

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Wow! Peshkwe!!! Very Interesting. Got lots to read tonight.

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

Working...
X