• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timkona
    replied
    Re: Methamphetamine

HawaiiThreads.com is very Educational.

Education and learning involves analyzing information, and extracting logical conclusions. Lock step belief systems prohibit education. Stubborn dogma, sprinkled generously with yummy propaganda, is the path to a life of ignorance.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
    Well, you are right! LOL I thought until this very moment that crack was like crank....I am not well informed on drug terms. Guess I will have to pay more attention! hehe
    HawaiiThreads.com is very Educational. It's like going to school everyday for me. I learn from everyone too.

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• blueyecicle
    replied

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
    heheheh. Blue, can tell you dunno about Illegal Drugs. Good Lady.

Crack is commonly known for Crack Cocaine which is made from a plant.

Ice or Meth is made from Synthetics (s) not natural substances such as plants...hence, one of them is Sudafed.

Auntie Lynn
    Well, you are right! LOL I thought until this very moment that crack was like crank....I am not well informed on drug terms. Guess I will have to pay more attention! hehe

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Well, I am not opposed to it but not super thrilled either. I think I will go down now and fill out paperwork and buy some so later when I am sick I won't have to. It's better than banning it for those of us who need it and don't make crack with it. It's better than what they are going to do which is prescription only. I just don't know when that will take affect.
    heheheh. Blue, can tell you dunno about Illegal Drugs. Good Lady.

Crack is commonly known for Crack Cocaine which is made from a plant.

Meth, aka Ice or Batu is made from Synthetics (s) not natural substances such as plants...hence, one of them is Sudafed.

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• blueyecicle
    replied

Well, I am not opposed to it but not super thrilled either. I think I will go down now and fill out paperwork and buy some so later when I am sick I won't have to. It's better than banning it for those of us who need it and don't make crack with it. It's better than what they are going to do which is prescription only. I just don't know when that will take affect.

Leave a comment:

• Miulang
    replied

Yesterday began the new Oregon law...No more Sudafed...!
    You have to show ID and sign and fill out paperwork for one box of it. First law for it that is so strict. Sucks for those of us with no insurance. But is supposed to work against Meth.
    In WA, we've had this law in place for a couple of years now. It's kinda a pain in the okole when you're suffering from a bad cold or allergies, but if it helps keep criminals from buying the stuff to make meth, it's a pain I'll willingly endure. The pharma industry is also getting akamai; they've started replacing pseudoephidrine with other chemicals that they claim are just as effective but can't be used to fabricate illegal drugs....yet.

Miulang

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

You have to show ID and sign and fill out paperwork for one box of it. First law for it that is so strict. Sucks for those of us with no insurance. But is supposed to work against Meth.
    Great News Blue!!! I hope and Pray Hawai'i will do the same!

I found this disturbing article on the Internet this morning by the Michigan Academy Of Family Physicians.
    " Methamphetamine manufacturing initially began in Hawaii in the 1960s."
    http://www.mafp.com/x6546.html

I never knew dat. I always thought Ice came from Asia and it was only in the late 70's when it began to be manufactured in Hawai'i. I wonder where they got their information from.

Wow! An article written by Atty. Susan Gaertner of Minnesota. "The Sudafed Is Gone, but Meth Rages On: Where Do We Go from Here?"

"Meth addiction may be the single greatest public health crisis affecting our nation today."

"Every person, whether they are an addict, or know an addict or not, is impacted by this drug and its consequences. It is costing us all."
    http://www.susangaertner.com/meth.html

Minnasota passed a Law that prohibits the Sale of Sudafed. Unfortunately, it didn't curtail the drug use nor it ravages of it's effects. Atty. Graertner presents interesting points in how to combat the "Ice Epedemic!"

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; October 1, 2006, 07:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• blueyecicle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Originally posted by timkona View Post
    I think I'm starting to get the picture. The top 2 killers in America, Alcohol and Cigarettes, are legal, and that makes it okay.

So if more people were dying from Ice, Heroin, Pot, etc, would you advocate for legalization?

This really highlights the lack of logic inherent in the War on Drugs.
    Mr. TimKona, It's about the Laws of the Land and people's choices. Period.

Rules and Regulations. Simple Logic. Living in America ~ How grand. Any other place to speak against in any way on one's country would be utter suicide.

I advocate many things. None for Illegal Activities or Drugs.

Nuff Said.

Go pick on somebody else.

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
    why is it that it just irks me when I find something I didn't mean to find...but still feel the need to post....

TK you bettah kiss my ass for this one...

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/causes.htm
    Interesting that no one has died from smoking pot. Did anyone ever see that old movie "Reefer Madness"? Tried to make everyone think of pot as such an evil thing. Funny, in all these years - I've never know a pot smoker to commit a crime or have to steal & rob folks to support their "habit". Good posting Manoa!

Leave a comment:

• damontucker
    replied

why is it that it just irks me when I find something I didn't mean to find...but still feel the need to post....

TK you bettah kiss my ass for this one...

Annual Causes of Death in the United States
    Tobacco 435,000
    Poor Diet and Physical Inactivity 365,000
    Alcohol 85,000
    Microbial Agents 75,000
    Toxic Agents 55,000
    Motor Vehicle Crashes 26,347
    Adverse Reactions to Prescription Drugs 32,000
    Suicide 30,622
    Incidents Involving Firearms 29,000
    Homicide 20,308
    Sexual Behaviors 20,000
    All Illicit Drug Use, Direct and Indirect 17,000
    Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Such As Aspirin 7,600
    Marijuana 0
    http://www.drugwarfacts.org/causes.htm
    Last edited by damontucker; September 30, 2006, 11:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• timkona
    replied

I think I'm starting to get the picture. The top 2 killers in America, Alcohol and Cigarettes, are legal, and that makes it okay.

So if more people were dying from Ice, Heroin, Pot, etc, would you advocate for legalization?

This really highlights the lack of logic inherent in the War on Drugs.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Originally posted by MadAzza View Post
    Auntie, how can you participate in a "drug recovery walk" while posting in your blog about getting shitfaced on Crown Royal?

This is a serious question. I'm not trying to pick on you. I'm trying to understand why you or anyone else believes alcohol is OK and other drugs aren't, and why it's OK for someone who drinks to preach that other druggie behavior is bad and wrong.

Can you clarify that for me?
    Excellent question Nancy! I just got up from my afternoon nap.

I participated in the Recovery Walk because I have been 'CLEANED' from using "COCAINE" which was my chioce of drug to get high on my arse. Anyone who can stay clean and put back their Life in order again has recovered from the depths of Hell in which they were in.

In case you forgot...Alcohol is Legal. Ice, Cocaine, Pot, and whateva Illegal Drugs are not. Yeah, I still get drunk off my okole many a times when "I" choose to. That's the difference.

Any drug whether Legal or not when taken in large quantities will cause damage. Alcohol does the same. Again, I stress it is LEGAL!!!!!

I never ever said I was better than anyone. I still fight with my Demons daily. I share my stories freely on the Internet in hopes others can learn from it. I have recieved many emails from all over the World from the lives I have touched and saved. That alone is why I keep writing and doing what I do. No question is too hurtful to answer for I write from my heart.

The uncertainty of Drugs and Alcohol will always be there for me. I am a Recovering Drug Addict and Alcoholic. Although I am five years clean from my choice of Drug ~ I will never be free from the grips of using Cocaine. As for Alcohol...heheheh.

Let's party!!!!

Auntie Lynn

btw: wat you mean by "shitfaced?" I always look da same, sober or intoxicated.
    Last edited by 1stwahine; September 30, 2006, 03:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MadAzza
    replied

Auntie, how can you participate in a "drug recovery walk" while posting in your blog about getting shitfaced on Crown Royal?

This is a serious question. I'm not trying to pick on you. I'm trying to understand why you or anyone else believes alcohol is OK and other drugs aren't, and why it's OK for someone who drinks to preach that other druggie behavior is bad and wrong.

Can you clarify that for me?

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Jim and I arrived at Magic Island at 7:45 a.m. We registered and proceeded to the Main Tent. It was heartwarming to see many who are in Recovery! Lt. Governor Duke Aiona was there and led the crowd on the Walk.

I got to talk to Greg Tjapkes, Corporate Development Officer of Hinamauka about my new website. It was too late to go on stage to say anything cause they needed to verify it's intentions and wat nots. However, he wanted me to email him the information for he was interested and wanted to be a part of it's growth.

Walking with those who are in Recovery brought back memories. I could feel their postive energy and their hopes for a new and brighter future without drugs and/or alcohol.

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

Working...
X