Methamphetamine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Methamphetamine

Auntie, thank you for your honest answer. I respect the struggle you went through and the strength you have to redirect your life.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
      Yes, I'm talking about ALL drugs.....pot, heroin, coke, meth, acid, mushrooms, etc.

The biggest problem is the emotional reaction that most people have when this touchy subject is brought up. It is the by-product of many, many years of propagandized brainwashing with the government using a compliant media.
      You ARE serious.

Have you ever actually seen an end-stage methamphetamine addict? No, not the toothless guy tweaking in the corner.

I mean the one hooked up to a ventilator, blood pressure so high it's blowing just about every blood vessel in his brain (which the CT scan shows is nothing but a pile of swiss cheese anyway), his loved ones nearby crying and saying there was "nothing they could do."

Ever see a ten-year-old kid stand by while his meth-addicted mother had one stroke after another until she finally died?

Is mine an emotional reaction? You bet it is. And I haven't been "brainwashed by the government using a compliant media." The emotions come from seeing the devastation, up close and personal.

Yeah. Go legalize ICE

Comment

What our new member, JamezD has posted is very refreshing and something many families have been waiting for. More importantly the Addicts themselves. Although they may be Addicts, every Addict deep down wants to quit. They just have a hard time finding the door to Reality.

Any hope to Reality and Freedom from the bonds of Addiction is always Good News and should be welcome with open arms by the community. I will be a major supporter of this program.

Aloha and Welcome JamezD!

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Auntie that's a moving story you posted. Bless you! Now for my questions. Did you attend church while addicted? Did the church have services for people in your situation? My friend doesn't go to church at all. I'm going to suggest he at least start watching Wayne Cordeiro on TV; that way he can learn without having to attend in person. Hopefully it will lead him to seek the church as one way of beating his habit.

Also what happened to the people supplying you? Where they turned in? Are they still out on the streets?

My friends work place had a treatment center in mind. I'm not sure it's the one JamezD is talking about but I will find out. I will try to pass on information associated with the web site; he doesn't use a computer.
          just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

This may sound wierd coming from a nurse, but I'm afraid I also say "leaglise, and tax the hell out of it". The war on drugs will never be won, and we have learned nothing from the phobition disaster. It is not a perfect world, and there will always be vices. I don't smoke or drink, but I could if I wanted to. There are people out there who are alcoholics in spite of the cost of booze, but at least some of the taxes paid on that booze could go towards treatment of those who are prone to addiction.
            We don't ban sugar for diabetics, or fast foods for the morbidly obese. I have given this topic a lot of thought through my years as an RN, and I've been married to an RCMP officer for longer than I care to remember,(lol). He and I don't exactly see eye to eye on this subject, but we both agree that drug addiction is a Mental problem and should not be a criminal problem.
            I say decriminalize it, and tax the hell out of it. . . but that would free up the cops to solve real crimes such as rape, and murder. . . . And. . .just maybe, some law enforcement departments would have to down size. There are many ways to look at this.
            I contend that if a person is going to do a drug, he or she will somehow do whatever it takes to get it, and that often leads to criminal behaviour.

Malama Pono

Claudia

Comment

Originally posted by jkpescador
              Auntie that's a moving story you posted. Bless you! Now for my questions. Did you attend church while addicted? Did the church have services for people in your situation? My friend doesn't go to church at all. I'm going to suggest he at least start watching Wayne Cordeiro on TV; that way he can learn without having to attend in person. Hopefully it will lead him to seek the church as one way of beating his habit.

Also what happened to the people supplying you? Where they turned in? Are they still out on the streets?

My friends work place had a treatment center in mind. I'm not sure it's the one JamezD is talking about but I will find out. I will try to pass on information associated with the web site; he doesn't use a computer.
              I didn't attend church. I hated God for taking my husband. I hated him with a Passion for not taking me when I had my Strokes. For leaving me paralyzed with three teenaged children. What did I do when I could start to venture out again? I was lonely and confused. I sought friends and ways to entertain myself. Game Rooms which started my gambling. Bars which started my Karaoke and Drinking. Then my Addiction to Cocaine. I was a Prime and willing Target.

After I fed The Homeless in Chinatown, I passed by where it all started. I had to. Because I remembered today what I wrote earlier. I had to pass and face my Demons. I remembered for the first in many years how it tasted. It didn't trigger me to want it. I just feel sick to my stomach for the time wasted. However, I look at it as being ment to be. As something God wanted me to experience for I know first hand what it is to be an addict. What it is to hit rock bottom and to gather everything in your gut to get out from it. I lived it. I am not ashamed of my past.

I would be lying if I told you I don't know what happened to the dealers. I know too much. It is why I stopped going to Chinatown. I'm tired of being asked where is so and so. Who is dis and dat and things still remain the same. Certain HPD Officers do their best to fight the Drug War. Unfortunately, Chinatown will always be Chinatown. Another thing wrong..until HPD cleans up their ack, nothing will change. It is too complicated to say too much without having to name names. Someday the truth will be told.

Dealers still out on the street? hahahahaha
              Very much so. They come and go. It is a booming Enterprise. Too bad I no moa guts. I'd be out there too. But I no like go Prison!

Getting back to church. You can pray for your friend. Do not force God on your friend. Never force God on anyone. Pray for them. Let the Lord touch their hearts. It is all you can do.

JamezD offers a new way of treating Addicts. I will be an advocate for this new technology. I will start studying about it this evening.

Love & Aloha

Auntie Lynn
              Last edited by 1stwahine; September 9, 2006, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Mahalo Auntie! Thank you for sharing!
                just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by jkpescador
                  Mahalo Auntie! Thank you for sharing!
                  You are most welcome jkpescador! I studied last night. I am excited about the new treatment that is available for Meth and Substance Abusers. Please let your friend know about this treatment.

If anyone knows of a person or of a family who is suffering, please let them know there is HOPE.

www.prometainfo.com

www.islandrecoverycenters.com

If you want more information you can contact JamezD
                  jdorsey@sbcglobal.net

I also have some links. You can contact me lynn.vasquez@gmail.com

Love and Aloha

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                    You are most welcome jkpescador! I studied last night. I am excited about the new treatment that is available for Meth and Substance Abusers. Please let your friend know about this treatment.

If anyone knows of a person or of a family who is suffering, please let them know there is HOPE.

www.prometainfo.com

www.islandrecoverycenters.com

If you want more information you can contact JamezD
                    jdorsey@sbcglobal.net

I also have some links. You can contact me lynn.vasquez@gmail.com

Love and Aloha

Auntie Lynn
                    This looks interesting. I noticed a connection between one of the docs and Castle Medical Center---is this where the treatment center is?

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                      I say if any drug should be decriminalized it should be Pot. Put the Methheads on some pot and let them mellow out!
                      I agree with that, and just a note, I'm not a regular pot smoker. I'm a "once in a blue moon" pot smoker. The difference between pot and the other drugs is huge. Meth, Cocaine, crack, crank,Speed...any kind of amphetamine causes really aggro behavior.

Heroin is just deadly , period....addictive as it gets, and the damage it does to the body is just crazy.

Alcohol being legal, and pot still being ILLEGAL is just insane to me. You never see a bar full of STONED people get into a fight, hit their spouses or kids or drive into the oncoming lane of traffic and kill someone.

If POT was legal, do you think there would be as big a problem with meth, coke and other really harmful drugs...if you could catch a nice buzz legally, would people resort to the other stuff ? Maybe, but maybe not.Pot is a mellow, happy drug.

Those hard drugs have no business being legal...they're killers. POT should not be included in this list of drugs...it's just not the same thing.
                      http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                      Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                      Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

I am going to make some broad assumptions. Feel free to make corrections if or when you find them:

-arguments to legalize drugs are made by those who haven't grown up in a home where the custodial parents abused drugs.
                        • they have never picked their wasted parent off of the floor.
                        • they have never watched their parent jones into an angry head space because said parent couldn't get ahold of a bag of weed, or felt disgust overhearing their folks' conversations on the phone hunting for weed.
                        • they have never had to leave the house worried about smelling like marijuana smoke.
                        • they have never had to repeat themselves again and again until their stoned parent heard them.
                        • they have never looked into the red eyes of their parent and thought about how weak this parent is or what losers their stoney friends are, who are probably only in the lives of these parents (and by default and not choice, the lives of the children) because said losers can help find weed.

-people who did have such childhoods are raised to *never* talk about them, and wouldn't even decriminalize drugs if that was the last piece of legislation on earth.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
                          I am going to make some broad assumptions. Feel free to make corrections if or when you find them:

-arguments to legalize drugs are made by those who haven't grown up in a home where the custodial parents abused drugs.
                          • they have never picked their wasted parent off of the floor.
                          • they have never watched their parent jones into an angry head space because said parent couldn't get ahold of a bag of weed, or felt disgust overhearing their folks' conversations on the phone hunting for weed.
                          • they have never had to leave the house worried about smelling like marijuana smoke.
                          • they have never had to repeat themselves again and again until their stoned parent heard them.
                          • they have never looked into the red eyes of their parent and thought about how weak this parent is or what losers their stoney friends are, who are probably only in the lives of these parents (and by default and not choice, the lives of the children) because said losers can help find weed.

-people who did have such childhoods are raised to *never* talk about them, and wouldn't even decriminalize drugs if that was the last piece of legislation on earth.
                          To add one more thing...They never had to see their parents fight over drugs and how they would leave them if they did!
                          Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                          Sharing withother survivors...
                          www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
                            This looks interesting. I noticed a connection between one of the docs and Castle Medical Center---is this where the treatment center is?
                            No. It's not at Castle Medical Center. There are many doctors involved. Maui Drug Court as well Oahu's Drug Court are interested in this new treatment. So much people are behind this. This is the beginning of a new Hope everyone has been waiting for. Unfortunately, there is a drawback. Medical Insurance Coverage currently does not cover the costs. The treatment is $15,000. A small price to pay for a Life to be saved.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle
                              To add one more thing...
                              And some children grow up to repeat this cycle, giving in to it as an acceptable way to live, because they have known nothing else, and others grow up to avoid drug users at any and all costs.

pax

Comment

Mahalo Lynn for your interest and support in helping to get the word out to as many people as possible through the HT forum.

A couple of points to clarify:

Yes, two of our physicians are on staff at Castle, Dr. Dale Adams and Dr. Denis Mee-Lee. Dr. Mee-Lee founded the psychiatric unit at Castle years ago, was the Deputy Director of the State Dept. of Health 20 years ago, at which point he left government to found the Hawaii Clinical Research Center in Honolulu, which is one of our treatment facilities. For now, our other clinic is in Kailua and we are planning to offer the protocol on the North Shore in collaboration with the community health center there.

Also, while the price is currently $15,000 on The Mainland, for now the price of the treatment in Hawaii is $10,000. We'll also work with families to spread out the payments in order to make it as accessible as possible until the insurance providers approve this for payment.

Again Mahalo for your interest and enthusiasm for this new hope for the people of Hawai'i who have seen firsthand the devastation of substance dependence on individuals, families, and communities.

Aloha, jim

Comment

Working...
                                X