Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Methamphetamine

Originally posted by timkona View Post
    I think I'm starting to get the picture. The top 2 killers in America, Alcohol and Cigarettes, are legal, and that makes it okay.

So if more people were dying from Ice, Heroin, Pot, etc, would you advocate for legalization?

This really highlights the lack of logic inherent in the War on Drugs.
    Mr. TimKona, It's about the Laws of the Land and people's choices. Period.

Rules and Regulations. Simple Logic. Living in America ~ How grand. Any other place to speak against in any way on one's country would be utter suicide.

I advocate many things. None for Illegal Activities or Drugs.

Nuff Said.

Go pick on somebody else.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Yesterday began the new Oregon law...No more Sudafed...!
      You have to show ID and sign and fill out paperwork for one box of it. First law for it that is so strict. Sucks for those of us with no insurance. But is supposed to work against Meth.
      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
      Sharing withother survivors...
      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
        You have to show ID and sign and fill out paperwork for one box of it. First law for it that is so strict. Sucks for those of us with no insurance. But is supposed to work against Meth.
        Great News Blue!!! I hope and Pray Hawai'i will do the same!

I found this disturbing article on the Internet this morning by the Michigan Academy Of Family Physicians.
        " Methamphetamine manufacturing initially began in Hawaii in the 1960s."
        http://www.mafp.com/x6546.html

I never knew dat. I always thought Ice came from Asia and it was only in the late 70's when it began to be manufactured in Hawai'i. I wonder where they got their information from.

Wow! An article written by Atty. Susan Gaertner of Minnesota. "The Sudafed Is Gone, but Meth Rages On: Where Do We Go from Here?"

"Meth addiction may be the single greatest public health crisis affecting our nation today."

"Every person, whether they are an addict, or know an addict or not, is impacted by this drug and its consequences. It is costing us all."
        http://www.susangaertner.com/meth.html

Minnasota passed a Law that prohibits the Sale of Sudafed. Unfortunately, it didn't curtail the drug use nor it ravages of it's effects. Atty. Graertner presents interesting points in how to combat the "Ice Epedemic!"

Auntie Lynn
        Last edited by 1stwahine; October 1, 2006, 07:54 AM.

Comment

In WA, we've had this law in place for a couple of years now. It's kinda a pain in the okole when you're suffering from a bad cold or allergies, but if it helps keep criminals from buying the stuff to make meth, it's a pain I'll willingly endure. The pharma industry is also getting akamai; they've started replacing pseudoephidrine with other chemicals that they claim are just as effective but can't be used to fabricate illegal drugs....yet.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Well, I am not opposed to it but not super thrilled either. I think I will go down now and fill out paperwork and buy some so later when I am sick I won't have to. It's better than banning it for those of us who need it and don't make crack with it. It's better than what they are going to do which is prescription only. I just don't know when that will take affect.

Comment

Well, I am not opposed to it but not super thrilled either. I think I will go down now and fill out paperwork and buy some so later when I am sick I won't have to. It's better than banning it for those of us who need it and don't make crack with it. It's better than what they are going to do which is prescription only. I just don't know when that will take affect.
              heheheh. Blue, can tell you dunno about Illegal Drugs. Good Lady.

Crack is commonly known for Crack Cocaine which is made from a plant.

Meth, aka Ice or Batu is made from Synthetics (s) not natural substances such as plants...hence, one of them is Sudafed.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                heheheh. Blue, can tell you dunno about Illegal Drugs. Good Lady.

Crack is commonly known for Crack Cocaine which is made from a plant.

Ice or Meth is made from Synthetics (s) not natural substances such as plants...hence, one of them is Sudafed.

Auntie Lynn
                Well, you are right! LOL I thought until this very moment that crack was like crank....I am not well informed on drug terms. Guess I will have to pay more attention! hehe

Comment

Well, you are right! LOL I thought until this very moment that crack was like crank....I am not well informed on drug terms. Guess I will have to pay more attention! hehe
                  HawaiiThreads.com is very Educational. It's like going to school everyday for me. I learn from everyone too.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

HawaiiThreads.com is very Educational.

Education and learning involves analyzing information, and extracting logical conclusions. Lock step belief systems prohibit education. Stubborn dogma, sprinkled generously with yummy propaganda, is the path to a life of ignorance.
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com
                    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                      HawaiiThreads.com is very Educational.

Education and learning involves analyzing information, and extracting logical conclusions. Lock step belief systems prohibit education. Stubborn dogma, sprinkled generously with yummy propaganda, is the path to a life of ignorance.
                      Well. I'm already PUPULE! Ignorance is in the eyes of the beholder.

Wap ya Jaws!

Auntie Lynn
                      Last edited by 1stwahine; October 1, 2006, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                        In WA, we've had this law in place for a couple of years now. It's kinda a pain in the okole when you're suffering from a bad cold or allergies, but if it helps keep criminals from buying the stuff to make meth, it's a pain I'll willingly endure.

Well, guess what? It won't stop anyone -- except people with allergies -- from getting hold of anything.

Criminals (who are criminals only because of inconsistent drug laws) generally don't follow the law. Surprise!

When the people so easily roll over so the government can restrict *their* actions, using that old "if it saves one life/saves one child/keeps a killer off the streets/blah blah blah" line of bullshit, then we no longer are the nation our Fathers set up.

Baaaaa! Baaaaaaa!

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza View Post
                          Well, guess what? It won't stop anyone -- except people with allergies -- from getting hold of anything.

Criminals (who are criminals only because of inconsistent drug laws) generally don't follow the law. Surprise!

When the people so easily roll over so the government can restrict *their* actions, using that old "if it saves one life/saves one child/keeps a killer off the streets/blah blah blah" line of bullshit, then we no longer are the nation our Fathers set up.

Baaaaa! Baaaaaaa!
                          Fortunately, there are now OTC meds that do the same thing as the OTC drugs with pseudoephidrine. So if you don't want the hassle of having to prove who you are and be restricted in the quantity of the OTC meds you want to buy, just go to any drugstore and buy the stuff that is still on the shelves and not behind locked cabinet doors. Problem solved. Another alternative: don't catch colds! (Allergies can be treated by OTC meds that don't have pseudoephidrine in them, like Claritin, and those come in non prescription doses)

Miulang
                          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                            Fortunately, there are now OTC meds that do the same thing as the OTC drugs with pseudoephidrine. So if you don't want the hassle of having to prove who you are and be restricted in the quantity of the OTC meds you want to buy, just go to any drugstore and buy the stuff that is still on the shelves and not behind locked cabinet doors. Problem solved. Another alternative: don't catch colds! (Allergies can be treated by OTC meds that don't have pseudoephidrine in them, like Claritin, and those come in non prescription doses)
                            Hi, Miulang!

It doesn't bother me on a personal level -- I never take cold or allergy meds. It bothers me because it's pointless and silly and doesn't solve anything, and only inconveniences the law-abiding folks ... which is what many, many other stupid laws do. And more and more, people seem willing not just to put up with this nonsense, but to wholeheartedly endorse it. "Control us! We can't think for ourselves! We can't be trusted! If it saves one life ..."

The simple fact that we have so many people designated as "lawmakers" is a perfect example of this problem. We elect and pay people to control us and restrict OUR actions! Yoo hoo ... laws should protect the citizens from the government's power, not "protect" the people from one another, or from some nameless, faceless, vague, straw-man threat.

Yeah, I'm on a tear today!
                            Last edited by MadAzza; October 1, 2006, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                              Excellent question Nancy! I just got up from my afternoon nap. btw: wat you mean by "shitfaced?" I always look da same, sober or intoxicated.
                              Ohhhh Auntie you always look good sober or not. Now keep the cat fight to pulling hair okay
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                                why is it that it just irks me when I find something I didn't mean to find...but still feel the need to post....

TK you bettah kiss my ass for this one...

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/causes.htm
                                Preface: Sorry if you read this post before I edited it. Musta been the drugs

Legal substances are readily available for consumption for legal-aged consumers so the number of deaths are higher.

BUT if illegal substances were to become legal those numbers would be much higher than those quoted.

So to compare deaths due to legal substances to illegal deaths is quite unfair because of the availability to those substances. Honest people won't break the law or do illegal acts as much as dishonest.

Likewise there are those who care about their bodies that won't induce in toxifying their bodies by poor eating or exercise habits. Does that make those who like to drink responsibly or engorge in eating bad people? No because it's not illegal to eat a Whopper or drink Crown Royal or smoke a pack of cigs. I guarantee you that when smoking and drinking are banned and deemed illegal, most honest people either will stop or won't start. And then those numbers you posted will drop considerably, possibly out of the top ten killers.

NOW the reality...DEATH!!! IS AMERICA'S NUMBER ONE KILLER!!! That quote from the movie: Kentucky Fried Movie.
                                Last edited by craigwatanabe; October 2, 2006, 10:12 AM. Reason: Brain not in gear when typing now it's in "Drive" carry on
                                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X