X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Politics of "NO"

Originally posted by timkona
    I say Screw the Kupuna
    Whoo - that attitude ought to serve you well in Hawai`i.
    Time to listen to the Educated Youth.
    Can't argue with that, though - but ALL voices need to be heard, the aged and the young; hell, even the UNeducated youth can teach us something.

Comment

The most recent episode in the politics of NO is the proposed sinking of the ship off the coast of Kona, in 90 feet of water, on a sandy bottom.

Would be good for the dive industry. Would certainly promote coral growth. Its likely some pollution would come from the vessel, even though it will be cleaned.

Many people showed up at the meeting with a chorus of NO.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

The most recent episode in the politics of NO is the proposed sinking of the ship off the coast of Kona, in 90 feet of water, on a sandy bottom.

Would be good for the dive industry. Would certainly promote coral growth. Its likely some pollution would come from the vessel, even though it will be cleaned.

Many people showed up at the meeting with a chorus of NO.
        These are probably the same people who throw their cigarette butts out of their car windows.

Comment

Originally posted by stumphurple
          every traitor who opposes the continued growth of americas capitalistic might should be federally condemned. they would do worse to us and our children. i fear for a hawaii where fanatics can starve american ingenuity through subversive tactics. if they resist we should reinstate the martial laws we had during wwii.
          This is really an extreme position to take. It’s healthy to have a minority viewpoint like yours to keep this forum balanced, I suppose. That being said, are you saying millions of Americans are traitors? There’s something un-American about imposing martial law on people for their views on economics. I thought this was the land of the free.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

http://www.westhawaiitoday.com/artic...al/local01.txt

Suggesting that too few would benefit from the project is a point that needs addressing.
            Last edited by sinjin; March 7, 2006, 07:54 AM.
            “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
            http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

"Suggesting that too few would benefit from the project is a point that needs addressing."

Very few people benefit from the milliion$$ spent on upgrading county and state facilities to ADA compliant status. But we do it anyway. To say that too few people would benefit is a strawman argument at best. The dive industry in Kona employs at least 500 people, prolly more, if you count all the retail and counter people, mechanics, dry-dock guys, trailer mfgrs, etc etc

I've never been on a wreck dive....i bet its real interesting !
              FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

"Suggesting that too few would benefit from the project is a point that needs addressing."

Very few people benefit from the milliion$$ spent on upgrading county and state facilities to ADA compliant status. But we do it anyway. To say that too few people would benefit is a strawman argument at best. The dive industry in Kona employs at least 500 people, prolly more, if you count all the retail and counter people, mechanics, dry-dock guys, trailer mfgrs, etc etc

I've never been on a wreck dive....i bet its real interesting !
                You can argue that 500 people is not too few and that's fine. To compare the situation to ADA compliance seems apples to oranges to my mind. ADA is designed to guarantee access for citizens to institutions they already have a right to access. A private concern like the dive business doesn't have rights in the same way.
                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."

Comment

i seldom pay money to go scuba diving

the ocean has no admissions charge

im young enough to say that it would be fascinating to have a wreck dive, in my back yard, that i could watch grow for the next 45 or so years

it's also good to put in additional mooring pins to keep boats from dropping anchor...that lesson was learned the hard way in Kealakekua Bay....all but 4 of the 20+ moorings in KBay were removed in the late 80's or early 90's at the request of various "environmental" concerns....alas, the number of puntured "skylights" in the coral landscape, caused by falling anchors, is just a tragedy....and i can say honestly that few, if any, commercial operators are responsible for that damage.

im for the wreck dive
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

i seldom pay money to go scuba diving

the ocean has no admissions charge

im young enough to say that it would be fascinating to have a wreck dive, in my back yard, that i could watch grow for the next 45 or so years

it's also good to put in additional mooring pins to keep boats from dropping anchor...that lesson was learned the hard way in Kealakekua Bay....all but 4 of the 20+ moorings in KBay were removed in the late 80's or early 90's at the request of various "environmental" concerns....alas, the number of puntured "skylights" in the coral landscape, caused by falling anchors, is just a tragedy....and i can say honestly that few, if any, commercial operators are responsible for that damage.

im for the wreck dive
                    Concern for what specific environmental impact led to the removal of the moorings in Kealakekua Bay?

Comment

im sure the answer can be found in the legislative record with a little digging....ive heard that concerns for the marine ecosystem and overuse were part of it....but unless you fence off the bay, people will use it....and removing the pins was a terrible idea....i would love to know, specifically, who and why those pins were removed
                      FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Hawaiians say NO cuz of bones
                        Enviros say NO cuz of many reasons
                        Home Owners say NO more homes cuz of traffic problems
                        People say NO to science on Mauna Kea
                        Some say NO to expanding harbors
                        Others say NO GMO
                        Still others say NO to food irradiation
                        Recyclers would say NO to an aluminum smelter

NO is the problem in Hawaii. Anybody who has EVER said NO to anything is likely part of the overall problem.

Taken all together, the politics of NO is the cause of intransigence that is destroying this island paradise.

Funny how nobody ever protests growth at the maternity ward.
                        Mr. Timkona ... I won't go down to name calling... however I am asking for a simple response to the following threads?

The Politics of "NO" thread": March 26th, 2006, 06:40 AM

"Funny how nobody ever protests growth at the maternity ward." TIMKONA

Then I'm reading my own thread and I started and who do i see posting the following?

You know you have a big family when: March 16th, 2006, 09:20 PM

"My grandma was a twin. They had a total of 17 kids. My dad has 5 other siblings with at least 3 kids each. I got 96 first cousins all total. That's a big family." TIMKONA

Are you responding to these threads because of your own problems?

I thought you were the king of population control?

Comment

I am from a big family.
                          I am pro-growth to make room for all the children.
                          I have one child for all the right reasons.
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Working...
                          X