This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former DC Police chief coming to HPD?

No, not to replace the current police chief but as a regular patrol officer.. Charles Moose was the most public face during the DC sniper shootings a couple of years ago. If he joined your police force, I think some serious butt would get kicked.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Former DC Police chief coming to HPD?

Originally posted by Miulang
    No, not to replace the current police chief but as a regular patrol officer.. Charles Moose was the most public face during the DC sniper shootings a couple of years ago. If he joined your police force, I think some serious butt would get kicked.

Miulang
    Also, would be interesting in what would his classmates think and if any would be as famous as he is too?

Joke. Not as famous.

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; April 16, 2006, 06:16 PM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Back to basic huh? It'd be nice seeing a "rookie cop" handle the situation more than the sergeant on the scene.

Maybe he can give HPD a morale boost when he comes and join the force.

And wait, so he can't just come and gain a high position since he's a former chief? He has to go through the training as everyone else?
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
        And wait, so he can't just come and gain a high position since he's a former chief? He has to go through the training as everyone else?
        Yep! Juss like a new Babe. Wet behind da ears. No Special Treatment - what-so-evas! Nope! Das da rules.

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Miulang
          Interesting...
          I had no idea that he'd moved to Hawaii, lived in my neck of the woods and had sued the Ihilani Resort. Something tells me he lives not quite as far west as I do!

I remember how impressed I was with him during that very high profile sniper case. It's hard to believe it's been about 4 years.

Comment

Moose is no hero.

He did such a great job catching the sniper that how many were murdered? 10 people? More?

He was so focused on finding the "white" guys in the "white van" that he ignored evidence along the way involving "black" guys in an older model sedan. The case was finally solved by the FBI and a truck driver who found the car at a truck stop and blocked the black muslims in so they couldn't run.

Then he retires on 6000 a month pension.
            Then he sues Ihilani for "discrimination".
            Then he cashes in on his 5 minutes of fame by taking 170000 for writing a book about the murders.

He's probably looking for another sucker to sue. Govenments like HPD are always good. You always get a payout, right or wrong. And a black guy in an Asian police force is sure to find "discrimination".

I bet he sues within 6 months.

The guy is a "You fill in the blank"

Watch your wallet.

Gotta luv Hawaii..

The people are so nice.

So nice that they welcome and embrace corrupt dictators like Ferdinand and Imelda Marcos who raped and robbed their country.

So nice that they are the only state in the country that child molestor Michael Jackson had a concert following the first case where he paid the boy's family who he sexually abused 18 million to shut up.

So nice that a guy like Charles Moose who should be feared and loathed is welcomed as a hero.

A dictator, a child molestor and a scam artist.

Are Hawaii's people nice? Or are they "you fill in the blank"?

Comment

If he joined your police force, I think some serious butt would get kicked.
              So what are you saying, that "our" police force doesn't kick enough butt as it is with our Hawaii-born and Hawaii-raised recruits?

Isn't it bad enough that we're losing officers to mainland jurisdictions? Now our local recruits have to compete with overqualified mainland candidates?

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                So what are you saying, that "our" police force doesn't kick enough butt as it is with our Hawaii-born and Hawaii-raised recruits?

Isn't it bad enough that we're losing officers to mainland jurisdictions? Now our local recruits have to compete with overqualified mainland candidates?
                Maybe if your County could figure out a way to pay your officers what they truly are worth as protectors of your lives and property, more of them wouldn't be lured up here. It's tough being a public servant when you put your life on the line and then have to work overtime in order to support your family. Maybe the reason why so many on the force are tempted to do as the latest round of cops caught with their hand in the cookie jar is because they are having a tough time making it on their salaries. And please don't give me the argument that "well, everybody else has to make do with the piddly salaries they make in Hawai'i." Puh-leeze! Those other people are not always in mortal danger, working all hours of the day and night, either.

Miulang
                Last edited by Miulang; April 17, 2006, 07:21 AM.
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Someone with no lifetime connections to the community is likely to be unbiased in the pursuit of justice. That in itself should be viewed as refreshing in Hawaii.

Imagine the experience someone like this will bring to the new recruits, and perhaps some vets, in HPD. And how could an outsider be any competition if we already have too many openings in the police force?
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com
                  Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Maybe if your County could figure out a way to pay your officers what they truly are worth as protectors of your lives and property, more of them wouldn't be lured up here. It's tough being a public servant when you put your life on the line and then have to work overtime in order to support your family. Maybe the reason why so many on the force are tempted to do as the latest round of cops caught with their hand in the cookie jar is because they are having a tough time making it on their salaries. And please don't give me the argument that "well, everybody else has to make do with the piddly salaries they make in Hawai'i." Puh-leeze! Those other people are not always in mortal danger, working all hours of the day and night, either.

Miulang
                    Then maybe no one should apply when they recruit and then the county might increase the salary to make it more lucrative. After all we all make our own choices in life.

Comment

Originally posted by D'Alani
                      Then maybe no one should apply when they recruit and then the county might increase the salary to make it more lucrative. After all we all make our own choices in life.
                      That's true, but many of the officers who are moving up here to better jobs would love to return to Hawai'i and their ohana (and would probably never have been forced to make that choice) if they were better compensated too, so I guess it's kinda a catch-22. I'd hate to think that Hawai'i will have to ultimately depend on recruits who have retired from other jurisdictions (and therefore already are collecting pensions to enhance the salaries they're getting from the HPD) for the majority of its staffing.

Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                        Someone with no lifetime connections to the community is likely to be unbiased in the pursuit of justice. That in itself should be viewed as refreshing in Hawaii.

Imagine the experience someone like this will bring to the new recruits, and perhaps some vets, in HPD. And how could an outsider be any competition if we already have too many openings in the police force?

hahahahahahahahahahahhahhahha, wait, gotta catch my breath, hahahhahahahahhahahahahhaahahahah.

Timkona. How long you live Hawaii? You still dreaming brah. This is Hawaii. It is the land of "not you". An outsider with an objective perspective should be welcomed as a breath of fresh air who can help identify areas in need of improvement. YEAH RIGHT.

Brah, dis is Hawaii. Outsiders with experience, expertise and opinions will be run out of town before they catch a tan.

Bruddah Moose will become frustrated at that fact, then try to do what the chief is used to doing, then he will blame his inability to get anything done on racism against blacks, then he will sue and retire again.

That's my guess anyway.

As far as your fantasies about Hawaii embracing outsider, keep fantasizing brah. You will either die a miserable Kona resident or you will leave Hawaii fed up with everything before you hit 50. Another guess of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea
                          As far as your fantasies about Hawaii embracing outsider, keep fantasizing brah. You will either die a miserable Kona resident or you will leave Hawaii fed up with everything before you hit 50. Another guess of mine.

By far you are the most annoying, cynical person on HT. Who stole
                          your crayons when you were young
                          Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                          The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron S
                            By far you are the most annoying, cynical person on HT. Who stole
                            your crayons when you were young
                            Isn't it amusing how when you and Timkona whine about Hawaii, "the politics of no", bones, racism, Hawaiians, ..........................., that's all legitimate espression and discussion worthy of consideration by fellow posters.

But if I complain, its, "who stole you crayons" cry baby.

Funny, no?

I laugh at you Aaron. You are in the same sure to be frustrated lot. Die angry or leave by choice. Thats what will happen to you. Seen it a million times.

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea
                              Isn't it amusing how when you and Timkona whine about Hawaii, "the politics of no", bones, racism, Hawaiians, ..........................., that's all legitimate espression and discussion worthy of consideration by fellow posters. But if I complain, its, "who stole you crayons" cry baby.Funny, no?
                              I laugh at you Aaron. You are in the same sure to be frustrated lot. Die angry or leave by choice. Thats what will happen to you. Seen it a million times.
                              For the record, I was born and raised here in Kona. Thus I have deep connection to Hawaii. I've been to the mainland a half dozen times, but its not a place where I'd like to live.

That being said I'm intimately familiar on how things are done here. But nonetheless I stand by my opinion the politics of no is killing this state.
                              Its very frustrating too reading very cynical posts by you. What you done
                              lately to make a difference ? besides bashing anyone who has a suggestion.

In short I'm not going anywhere, unlike what you want me to do it seems.
                              As I have gotten older, its not worth it to get angry over things. In other
                              words I don't think about the states problems 24/7..I do think about solutions
                              though regularly.. Like I asked before what have you done lately besides
                              bitch bitch bitch bitch..
                              Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                              The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X