X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Statehood Day Holiday

Originally posted by anapuni808
    I don't know what the status of Bumpy's bid to start a bank is
    http://bumpykanahele.com/ is another place to read about this too.
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Comment

Thanks - I had totally forgotten about his website. There was some filming done "up mauka" a couple of months ago for a show on `Olelo 53 called "Issues That Matter". I don't know if the editing is finished or when it will be shown but am looking forward to seeing it. I have a lot of respect for Bumpy and what he has accomplished. and a lot of admiration also - he really does "walk the walk".
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by beaker
        Whyever not? I LOVE to annoy those nitwits.
        nitwits? Do I spend the time asking you to elaborate on your choice of insult, or condense my efforts and tell you to f*** yourself? Either way, mission accomplished, beaker. I am now annoyed.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
          nitwits? Do I spend the time asking you to elaborate on your choice of insult, or condense my efforts and tell you to f*** yourself? Either way, mission accomplished, beaker. I am now annoyed.
          If you count yourself among the racially divisive sovreignty crowd, then you're already telling me to f*** myself. Does it really need more elaboration? Fortunately it's a morbidly humorous crackpot idea due to its futility.
          Last edited by beaker; August 27, 2006, 09:57 PM.

Comment

If you count yourself among the racially divisive sovreignty crowd, then you're already telling me to f*** myself. Does it really need more elaboration? Fortunately it's a morbidly humorous crackpot idea due to its futility.
            Your's is a weak attempt at covering for your insult. I have posted here enough on this very issue that you should know better than to accuse me of this. If you would rather sink defiantly into your quicksand of attitude than be adult enough to apologize for making an offensive sweeping generalization, that is your choice. But don't think you are fooling anyone.

pax

Comment

Your's is a weak attempt at covering for your insult.
              Covering? No way! Maybe it's a fun alternative-reality senario for you to mentally kick around, but in the real world it's a nitwit crackpot idea, and as far as I can see it wouldn't have any life at all without the implicit racial agenda. It's even less realistic than the freestaters, and at least they aren't trying to redistribute public wealth and entitlement along racial lines.

Comment

Manoa in to break some of the post up...

I understand that everyone posting here is posting because they have a feeling for the issue.

With this said... I'd just like to say Statehood Day is over... Can we start talking about Labor day coming up?

Everyone gets so heated up over this issue... however, statehood day is now over....

I dunno...everyone shoot me down....For what I'm about to say..

For the last year I have seen HT as an online community...To me I wish we could all get along and just express thoughts.... I know this will never happen... However, to see some of the stuff written here really makes one wonder how much some of us people that have moved here from the mainland are truly welcomed here....

Many people try hard to do good things...however, intent is often looked over as ignorance and or greed...

Jealousy is a tough thing for many people to deal with... Jealousy brings out the worst in people...both online and in real life.

Nuff said.

Comment

Covering? No way! Maybe it's a fun alternative-reality senario for you to mentally kick around, but in the real world it's a nitwit crackpot idea, and as far as I can see it wouldn't have any life at all without the implicit racial agenda. It's even less realistic than the freestaters, and at least they aren't trying to redistribute public wealth and entitlement along racial lines.
                  Those of us who are pro-sovereignty are not neatly catagorized.

Many of us wear belts and polos, stockings and uniforms. Are gainfully employed. Are professionals. Own businesses. Aren't all ethnic Hawaiians. Look at these issues as far more than alterna mental candy. Are concerned with keeping our isles' resources and see U.S. federal laws as being wholly inadequate with our most real concerns of international/national migration, land-ownership and investment. Do not want to see our isles mimicking the fate of other U.S. isles, e.g. Nantucket. And think that relegating our issues to discreet racial lines is a farce drummed up more by futheads who would rather us look like a fringe element when in truth we are much more than that.

We don't all run websites, sit on the highways, and rah-rah on our issues. Those are the ones you might conveniently think about when you call us nitwits, but we are so much more varied than that. What we do share in common is a passion to educate ourselves, on our own time and dime, to understanding the issues, international law, current consequences, and options facing us. However each of us does it, calling us nitwits belittles our efforts of not only trying to make government accountable, but grapple with helping our society for the better.

I say this again, we aren't nitwits. Nor do we deserve to be called such. Our efforts champion more respect than that.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                    However, to see some of the stuff written here really makes one wonder how much some of us people that have moved here from the mainland are truly welcomed here....
                    Good lordy, don't go believing everything you read on the internet.

Comment

Beaker - I'm going to be very "haole" here: You are ignorant. You don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. If you can't contribute something positive to the discussion, then just "lurk" or start your own thread. The sovereignty movement is not, I repeat NOT "racially divisive" and your name calling is in very poor taste. It's the ones outside the movement such as yourself that inject your own fears & insecurities into what until a few postings ago had become a very positive, informative discussion. Your insults are not necessary and are not needed here.

As Pua`i stated - we're not all out waving signs etc. We are your neighbors, your co-workers, even some of your friends. We are the ones teaching your children at school, ringing up your purchase at Longs, serving you food in a restaurant. Be careful who you start taking verbal pot-shots at - you never know who may be listening.
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I say this again, we aren't nitwits.
                        I've got some 'crackpot' ideas, myself. Sleepytime - goodnight.

Comment

Beaker - I'm going to be very "haole" here:
                          Eh, what does THAT mean?

As Pua`i stated - we're not all out waving signs etc. We are your neighbors, your co-workers, even some of your friends. We are the ones teaching your children at school, ringing up your purchase at Longs, serving you food in a restaurant. Be careful who you start taking verbal pot-shots at - you never know who may be listening.
                          All the more reason to speak up and nip this delusion in the bud, or do you expect others to melt sheepishly away under your the moral superiority of your disapproving gaze? You're talking about sober stuff that, if it were possible, would hurt many many people very seriously. Anyhow, bedtime.
                          Last edited by beaker; August 27, 2006, 11:29 PM.

Comment

After you've had your good nite's sleep - would you please elaborate on how this would hurt "many, many people" as you state? Just exactly what are your own personal concerns? and just for a moment, try to think outside your little box & use your brain, not your emotions.

Thank you.............I look forward to your reply.
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

After you've had your good nite's sleep - would you please elaborate on how this would hurt "many, many people" as you state? Just exactly what are your own personal concerns? and just for a moment, try to think outside your little box & use your brain, not your emotions.
                              Uh, isn't it clear what will happen when hundreds of thousands of Americans suddenly find themselves living in a foreign land, under foreign laws, and owning property that isn't protected by US laws? The majority of Americans have most of their wealth tied up in land and houses. Land values would crash in the uncertainty beforehand and afterwards as people try to sell and get out, in addition to the loss of possessions they aren't able to bring with them. These people would lose their jobs as well, if they hadn't already lost them in the uncertain period before the change. People remaining would face a broken economy and uncertain future under an untested and racially charged political system.

Comment

Uh, isn't it clear what will happen when hundreds of thousands of Americans suddenly find themselves living in a foreign land, under foreign laws, and owning property that isn't protected by US laws?
                                Conveniently forgetting that, a little over a century ago, it was the ancestors of many of those same "hundreds of thousands of Americans" who illegally overthrew the legitimate government of what was an independent "foreign land."

It's interesting to me, beaker, that your hypocrasy moves throughout your postings. In a different thread, you chided me for "personal insults," yet you have no problem calling an entire group of people (whom you clearly know little about) "nitwits."

It would be nice to read your contributions to these discussions, if you could just step outside your own existence to observe, without judgement, the perspective of others.
                                Last edited by Leo Lakio; August 28, 2006, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X