Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Statehood Day Holiday

Originally posted by kamuelakea
    You know what is also "Only In Hawaii"? Haoles who lose control and cry RACISM in Bold 36 Font letters when someone has the audacity to call someone a "typical Haole".
    And what makes you think I'm a haole? Sheesh. You sure are showing a propensity for jumping to wrong conclusions. Obviously everyone who has the audacity to disagree with you must therefore be a haole, eh?

Sam Slom was a "typical Haole" in his F-You-Hawaiians-Celebrate-Statehood-Day. He was arrogant, insensitive, loud and self righteous
    So you're saying all haoles are "arrogant, insensitive, loud and self righteous".
    Keep it up. Your ignorance, stupidity and vacuousness are almost amusing, in a "Gee, I sure pity that idiot" kind of way.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Hey Tunnl...i reread my post and couldnt find the reference to race or racism

Are you just makin it up? Cuz that's kinda funny.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
        So you're saying all haoles are "arrogant, insensitive, loud and self righteous".
        No, just the "typical" ones.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
          Here in the Islands, making fun of others ethnicity has historically been part of getting along. Every big comedian from Frank DeLima to Mel Cabang to Andy Bumatai have done it and done it often. I’m offended that you would compare the term “haole” to “nigger” or “spic.” It’s not even in the same hemisphere. It literally means “foreigner,” and the term is often used with loving affection like, “Eh, wussup, haoleboy! Nevah see you long time, brah!”
          Well to me there is fine line between "making fun" of other ethnicities
          and it being racist. As far as I read this thread, it did indeed cross that
          line.
          Check out my blog on Kona issues :
          The Kona Blog

Comment

If anyone is interested in seeing someone talk about what really happened with the kids in the Kalani Band, you can watch this video interview with someone who was there. Then you can compare with what we all read/saw in the mainstream media.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78gAxknJ8J8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVj2FXe1U1E
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Konaguy wonders what is a "typical haole"
              The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808
                If anyone is interested in seeing someone talk about what really happened with the kids in the Kalani Band, you can watch this video interview with someone who was there. Then you can compare with what we all read/saw in the mainstream media.

I had a chance to see the coverage and compare. I believe both sides were in the wrong. Sam Slom's group, should've never celebrated in front of the Iolani palace. By doing what he did was begging for a confrontation. The sovereignty folks, despite their claims of being polite showed their true colors in the KHNL
                video.
                The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
                  I don’t go for this Fuzzy Zoeller vs. Tiger Woods self-righteousness. Stereotypes are part of Hawai‘i culture. Maybe it’s an important rule on the mainland, where people get lynched for looking at someone of another ethnicity the wrong way.
                  ROTFL. You really do need to get out more.

Only in Hawaii!

Comment

Is there a part 3 of this, I only saw parts 1, 2, 4. I'm looking for part three to
                    post on my blog.
                    The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                      ROTFL. You really do need to get out more.

Only in Hawaii!

makes you wonder what people are thinking these days. Racism
                      is purely and unequivocally wrong
                      The Kona Blog

Comment

Are there any videos of the sovereignty activists talking to the Kalani Band? The interviews they (the activists) published on the internet are well-spoken, but it clashes with the behavior I saw when they were talking to (maybe I should say talking at...) Sen. Slom's group. On the other hand in the KHNL footage there are people running around with cameras besides the press, so maybe we'll get the full story eventually.

Jewlipino

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy
                          makes you wonder what people are thinking these days. Racism
                          is purely and unequivocally wrong
                          Racism Stinks Big Time!

It is ugly. It is unjust.

I love you ALL!

Auntie Lynn
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewlipino
                            Are there any videos of the sovereignty activists talking to the Kalani Band? The interviews they (the activists) published on the internet are well-spoken, but it clashes with the behavior I saw when they were talking to (maybe I should say talking at...) Sen. Slom's group. On the other hand in the KHNL footage there are people running around with cameras besides the press, so maybe we'll get the full story eventually.
                            Yeah the You Tube videos and the KHNL video is like night and day.
                            I'd like to see the sovereignty's activists video on the actual confrontation(s).
                            The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy
                              Yeah the You Tube videos and the KHNL video is like night and day.
                              I'd like to see the sovereignty's activists video on the actual confrontation(s).
                              I'm sure you will be seeing it on Olelo soon enough.

You can contact the person that posted the youtube footage to see who might
                              have more video or coverage on it.

I noticed in the KHNL vid... that it showed a guy in the background that appeared to be shooting footage of something else. I'm wondering if that is the youtube footage?

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                                I'm sure you will be seeing it on Olelo soon enough.

You can contact the person that posted the youtube footage to see who might
                                have more video or coverage on it.

I noticed in the KHNL vid... that it showed a guy in the background that appeared to be shooting footage of something else. I'm wondering if that is the youtube footage?

Yeah unfortunately I live on the Big Island, we have a different public access
                                channel.For me personally I'm looking for the part 3 of the video that was posted.I couldn't find it. Also it would be nice if they had coverage on the
                                actual confrontation.
                                The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X